• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22348(b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

interactive_e

I will send a request for discovery about the officer's notes and the radar - just in case. But I plan to submit a written defence. If I am still found guilty then I will get trial de novo and will hire a lawyer.

No Side Burns

CdwJava said:
And many people contest speed tickets as they try for the brass ring by showing up in court to see if the officer is there.
- Carl
This is another "myth" that came up at my office - how often does the cop not show in your experience?

CdwJava

No Side Burns said:
This is another "myth" that came up at my office - how often does the cop not show in your experience?
It really depends on the court and tjhe agency. I think the CHP is far more likely to show up than city cops, and city cops more likely than sheriffs. When I used to work down south in San Diego County, the average no-show was probably about 25% until the judges started sending reports back to the departments ... suddenly it dropped to about 10% no shows. In my current county, the no-shows are about 5% and for my department I can count on one hand the number of unexcused no-shows in court my officers have been guilty of.

I have heard anecdotal reports of about 4 out of 10 in areas of L.A. County, but I seriously doubt that it is that high.

- Carl

redgrave

This may be helpful

I go to court on 6/7/06 for a speeding ticket in which I wasn't speeding. Unlike many people I have decided not to just bend over and let the court system take advantage of my position.

goto google and do a search for BEAT MY SPEEDING TICKET and go to the first site listed.

Last edited:

CdwJava

I do believe the Terms of Service prohibit solicitiations and advertisements for commercial products ... which your link is.

Plus, I guarantee you that the cops are not spending a whole lot of time researching your Discovery requests. You spend a LOT more time preparing for court with these things than we do. So, your requests aren't foreshadowing a whole lot.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">