• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

27 yr old teachers aid and our 16 yr old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

Any complaints you have regarding inapropriate comments made by ANY staff person to a developementally disabled student can also be made to your states ombudsmans office ( or what ever it is called ) for persons with developemental disabilities. This includes a full range of things from Mental retardation to ADD, autism, aspergers syndrome, FAS, A whole multitude of diagnosis that fall into DD. Split your issues with the school one by one and do not let them cross over into each other, you will get better results. ALSO keep all communication to your states advocate for DD people in writting as well.

Antigone*

I think the OP is yanking all our chains. In her earlier posts her son was a great student and quarterback for the varisty football team. A few posts later he is in special ed.

I smell fish:eek:

StephenH

If the issue occured at a party outside school property, I would call the police. THe issue is not a school issue but a personal relationship gone too far.

2manyloopholes

Go Get "em

The wheels of justice (especially pertaining to schools systems!!) turn very slowly. My advice to you is to stick with one disaster at a time. Our principal, who is currently on administrative leave for brandishing a knife on campus (but he was "joking"), is guilty of many unprofessional actions. When the knife incident occured, we, as a community, jumped on it in the hopes that we could kill a dozen birds with one stone. You have to be very careful in choosing your battles! Which of the infractions can yield the most good for your school? I always say, "If someone is really as bad as you think they are, they WILL trip up someday."
:cool:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">