• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2months since bought my car and no title yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cheslavo

What is the name of your state?FL
I've bought my car more than 2 months ago from a used cars dealer and as of today do not have my title. Called them two weeks ago and they said that tehre was a pending payoff on it but I'll have it in one week but nothing yet.
Could I return the vehicle and undo the deal?I paid them cash.

S

seniorjudge

Cheslavo said:
What is the name of your state?FL
I've bought my car more than 2 months ago from a used cars dealer and as of today do not have my title. Called them two weeks ago and they said that tehre was a pending payoff on it but I'll have it in one week but nothing yet.
Try taking the car back and see what happens. They couldn't sell it because they do not have a title.

JETX

Cheslavo said:
You can certainly ask them to rescind the purchase, but it would be EXTREMELY unlikely for them to agree...... and there is NO legal obligation for them to.
Contact the state licensing agency for car dealers:
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/dmv/dmvdeal.html

Also:
http://myfloridalegal.com/__85256CC5006DFCC3.nsf/0/2752EE5B7DC22FF785256CC9004FF9B4?Open&Highlight=2,buy,a,used,car
http://www.fiada.com/code.aspx

Cheslavo

2 months since .....

Actually, I think there's something fishi on this because first time I called them, they said the car was bought at an auction and the next day they said the previous owner left the country and they was taking care of paying the creditor and creditor sent the title to the wrong address...What would you recommend me to do?

Last edited:

Happy Trails

Cheslavo said:
Actually, I think there's something fishi on this because first time I called them, they said the car was bought at an auction and the next day they said the previous owner left the country and they was taking care of paying the creditor and creditor sent the title to the wrong address...What would you recommend me to do?
I think the prior two posts cover that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">