• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 speeding tickets? what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I take no credit for, nor do I necessarily agree with, the response above yours - - which was written by HomeGuru - - another Contributor to these boards.

As to your last post, you are not going to get a restricted license. You're not eligible for that. I tell you what, let me know that I'm wrong AFTER you've seen the judge.

It's going to be Big Fines, Community Service and a lengthy license suspension.

Look, I don't know how you found your information so fast, and all of a sudden concerning a "restricted license", but whomever is giving you hope with that load of crap will have mud on their face after you've seen the judge. There can be no other judgment in your case.

The facts speak for themselves. You've received 5 Citations in almost as many months. You're simply not eligible for a restricted license.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I got an email back from a CA Traffic Court Prosecutor and I quote...."please advise the individual to purchase a bus pass in the near future"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mtrumble said:
Thats great. Grow up and Get a life.
My response:

Gee, that's such a wonderful, unselfish, adult response.

Let me ask you this :

Who's the one going to court, you or me ?

Oh, and I do have a life. And one that includes a privilege to drive - - any time I want. I have a wonderfully successful life. And, I'd like to keep my life without dunderheads like yourself on the road. Soon, however, my wish will be granted, and one less idiot will be on the road.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-10-2001 at 02:33 PM]

M

mtrumble

My comment was directed at HomeGuru
anyways I am eligible for a restriced license.
only four tickets are on my record because I went to
traffic school for one of them. One of my sons friends
father is a judge and has assured me that I would be eligable for the restricted license.

F

f00sion

my response:
homeguru and liable are big a$$holes.

good luck miles!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mtrumble said:
My comment was directed at HomeGuru
anyways I am eligible for a restriced license.
only four tickets are on my record because I went to
traffic school for one of them. One of my sons friends
father is a judge and has assured me that I would be eligable for the restricted license.
My response:

Just wait until you see the "actual" judge, okay ? Life isn't going to be so rosey after that. It makes no difference that you've had one ticket removed. It's still on the judge's computer. The removal of your ticket is for insurance purposes, and has no bearing on the judge's final decision on the 5th ticket. I don't believe you've spoken to "a judge" about this; or at least, you haven't spoken to a traffic court judge.

When is your hearing date ?

And, remember to bring someone with you to drive you home, because when your license gets yanked, there will be an officer out in the parking lot looking to see who's driving. You don't want to get a Citation for driving on a suspended license, do you ? You know what happens then, don't you ? Jail.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

f00sion said:
my response:
homeguru and liable are big a$$holes.

good luck miles!
My response:

Yes, we can be. We've been practicing law long enough to know a loser when we see one.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-10-2001 at 03:24 PM]

M

mtrumble

Well I have spoken to a judge whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. You are correct in that the judge in my case may feel different but in any its possible for me to get a restricted license.

Obsene language is not necessary foosion.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

f00sion said:
miles is his name, what else would i call him?
My response:

Well, on that singular issue, you're correct. Well, perhaps the "a s s h o l e" part, too ! I get that way when I see an obvious "societal wrong". HomeGuru and I can be quite passionate about "right and wrong" and "good and bad".

I must admit, I didn't notice the "Miles" name at the bottom of our original writer's posts - - my comment was due to HomeGuru's above "whimsey".

Miles it is !

. . . at least until the day of Miles' hearing - - then he'll be "No Miles".

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-10-2001 at 03:33 PM]

M

mtrumble

Yeah so anyways thanks for the discussion

this has been quite an interesting conversation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mtrumble said:
Yeah so anyways thanks for the discussion

this has been quite an interesting conversation.
My response:

Don't go away yet !

I want the date of the hearing ! I want to know that you'll report back on the results as soon as you're driven back home, either by bus or by a friend.

I really want all of the details of the hearing and of our little "TrashFest" !

IAAL

M

mtrumble

I don't have the info with me in the office
but its sometime in early august. I believe the
seventh. I will post when it is for sure so I
can let you know.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Great !

I'll tell you what. If the hearing is in the Southern California, Los Angeles, or Ventura area, list the date, time and courthouse. I'll be there.

After your hearing, if I'm wrong about your sentence, I'll walk up to you. You'll know it's me because I'm going to put a brand new, crisp, Benjamin Franklin in your hand.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">