• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

504 Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmet4nzkx

AngelMyst said:
Thanks again, the first one is actually the first hit I went to, and have been looking through that since with a bit of an omg mouth hanging open stunned look on my face, will check the second now.
Dr Stewart is a peds Doc he has other articles, that was to get you started. NDRF has lots of links.

AngelMyst

rmet4nzkx said:
Dr Stewart is a peds Doc he has other articles, that was to get you started. NDRF has lots of links.
Excellent, looks like I have some studying to do :)

I'm literally flabbergasted, see when I looked it up to see if there were any other symptoms my daughter might have besides the fainting, I was thinking in terms of small and vague similarities, and digging deeper to see if I could find anything that stood out. You can't imagine how stunned I was to see just how much applies to her. Many of them have been attributed to stress response, and others I thought might be triggered by the first set. Although it is possible that it still is all just related to her response to stress, I just am shocked to find so many things all together in a list. I don't know what to say.

sisymay

To AngelMyst,, did your dd have a 504 plan in all those years she was struggling? 504 plan is for someone just like her. I know that if a school does not let parents know this help is available, the parents don't know about it. Wow, seems like they would have said something about helping her with a 504 instead of what did happen.

AngelMyst

sisymay said:
To AngelMyst,, did your dd have a 504 plan in all those years she was struggling? 504 plan is for someone just like her. I know that if a school does not let parents know this help is available, the parents don't know about it. Wow, seems like they would have said something about helping her with a 504 instead of what did happen.
She did not have a plan until the very end of last year, until that point they felt she was not eligible. The school had copies of the results of her ADHD testing, in fact 3 of her teachers were asked during the testing to submit questionaires based on thier observations so it was documented that she was severely ADHD, but her standardized testing scores were well above average, she was never a disciplinary problem, nor was she ever disruptive. She was coopertive and participated, and on assignments that were completed during the class period and handed in before leaving she did well. Based on that, especially the standardized testing, they determined that she was not eligible. Instead they decided she just didn't care or want to and wasn't trying, and concentrated on trying to modify her behavior. Those determinations were made in Junior High, and since their "teams" follow them through all 3 years, so did that opinion. They made their decision and since it was their decision they did not feel a need to re-examine it.

Last year, when she moved into high school and started going downhill there was a bit of chaos, apparently no records of what we had gone through followed her. They had nothing on record of her being ADHD, of her hospitalization for depression, or anything. I spent hours on the phone with teachers and administrators explaining it all, rehashing the last 3 years, until I blew a fuse, everyone seemed concerned, but no one was talking to each other. After that her guidance councilor decided she did not have time to deal with my daughter with what was involved and passed us on to another. Which was the turning point.

rmet4nzkx

What happened at the doctor's appointment last week? You were here this morning. Are you going to get your son reevaluated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">