• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

9465 payment plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverline

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

It's my understanding that back taxes to IRS are not included in your credit report as long as it's less than $10,000 and you've entered into a payment plan agreement [and maintain scheduled payments]. My question pertains to when you turn over your prior two years tax returns for closing. If your tax returns states you owe are you required to prove that debt is settled [paid in full]?

The IRS has not filed a notice of federal tax lien (NFTL) for the debt. I mailed my amended return yesterday, along with form 9465 requesting a payment plan to settle up. I understand each lender is unique and it's difficult to forecast everything that may happen or be required. Just trying to get a handle on what is customary / typical in most situations. Basically, what is the likelihood the bank will consider the debt owed to the IRS when factoring your loan approval? TIA

Silverline

Update

Received a response from the IRS on [9465] requesting to establish a payment plan.

It states "We can't consider your installment request because we haven't finished processing your account. If you haven't full paid the account you owe by the time we process your account, we'll send you a notice of your balance due. At that time, return that notice with full payment or your proposal for payment."

1>. Is this SOP? It's only been a month since my request.

2>. Typically how long will does this processing take?

3>. Should I go ahead and begin submitting the amount I requested on my 9465 form?

4>. What are the odds they'll agree to the payment schedule?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No need to start a new thread - please keep your related questions in your other thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/mortgages-refinancing-foreclosure-107/irs-tax-debt-affect-your-home-loan-app-631309.html

Silverline

Cool. Just thought it would be more appropriate in this sub-forum as it's specific to tax, whereas the other real estate..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">