• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A dirty dispicable act!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curb1

My suggestion is that this needs to be corrected TODAY. Don't carry on a squabble about this until it is too late. Get it corrected firstly and then worry about penal actions later.

tranquility

It appears an attorney is needed to even tell what was signed. Have the parents get one now as life is moving faster and becoming more complex than they imagine.

BlakJacksinn

I just talked to an attorney and he couldn't believe it. His exact words "what was that lawyer thinking". Not having my parents there to sign it in front of him and no notary republic present.

My mom's not to worried about criminal charges being filed she just wants this resolved asap and have her leave.

anteater

Now I just thought about my "sister" might have took out a life insurance policy out on my parents too.
That's unlikely since most companies would insist on medical underwriting the insured. But, even if she somehow managed it, as long as sister is the owner of the policy and is paying the premiums, it falls into the "sigh and shrug shoulders" category.

Even if your mother foregoes looking into criminal action, she should make a complaint to the bar association about the attorney.

And, as garrula mentioned, your mother and father need to get those other documents in place - particularly the durable powers of attorney.

BlakJacksinn

That's unlikely since most companies would insist on medical underwriting the insured. But, even if she somehow managed it, as long as sister is the owner of the policy and is paying the premiums, it falls into the "sigh and shrug shoulders" category.

Even if your mother foregoes looking into criminal action, she should make a complaint to the bar association about the attorney.

And, as garrula mentioned, your mother and father need to get those other documents in place - particularly the durable powers of attorney.
Ya I looked into the life insurance thing and that aint no biggie.

Were gonna go get all the P.O.A. taken care of this week.

EVERYBODY, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your help, info, support and guidance and I honestly mean that. EVERYBODY.

This is one of the most helpful forums I've come across. To bad it was under these circumstances.

Oh ya, every attorney I spoke with today made me repeat the story because they couldn't belive it. WA WA WA WA WAAAAHAT? Is she adopted? whats going on in her life? And they all freaked out about the "attorney" and really wanted to get involved. That seems like a good thing.

Oh ya, oh ya, last summer my "sister and brother in law" were helping his mother move and $300.00 went missing and they went to a theme park that costs $80ish just to get in and neither one of them were working at the time. She took them to court but they made her out to be a nut job and she lost the decision. She's a very nice lady with very little money coming in. The only thing she's guilty of is being an alcoholic. But I guess the really belittled her.

Are you all getting an even better idea of these sick people?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">