• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A message from eerelations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
@woody

Long time member eerelations has asked me to pass thiis on. I have already talked to Mary offline.

eerelations has been unable to access the site for the last several days. I'm not talking about getting onto the site and not being able to log in;' I'm talking about accessing the site at all. She has a new laptop but she's had it a month and this only started a couple of days ago. She's open to the idea of changing her login name if she could get on the site at all. The error message she's getting when she tries is 1020. This is the only website where she's having any trouble.

Any suggestions are welcome. In the meantime, she asked me to say goodbye to her Freeadvice friends and say that she'll keep trying to get onsite periodically.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know about the VPN software - I'll ask. I'll also pass on your link to her. Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No VPN, and she doesn't have a smart phone down there in Mexico

ETA: She doesn't have a smart phone but her husband does. He tried, same result. Same result on his laptop, which is not connected to hers. They tried on two different wifi's. The Cloudflare suggestions did not work. She will keep trying

Last edited:
It is possible that the site is using GeoBlocking/GeoFencing to prevent access from people in areas deemed high risk. For example, if the domain administrators saw an increase in attacks from Mexico, they may choose to block access from any IP address originating in Mexico.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">