• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A new baby??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Is there anything that my XH can do (custody wise) if/ when he finds out that I am preganant? I am about 6 weeks or so. Haven't told anyone except the father, I am trying to get my ducks in a row before I tell anyone else.
My fear is he will try and use this to change custody, or get more custody.
Thanks in advance :confused:

LdiJ

Is there anything that my XH can do (custody wise) if/ when he finds out that I am preganant? I am about 6 weeks or so. Haven't told anyone except the father, I am trying to get my ducks in a row before I tell anyone else.
Let me make sure that I understand. You currently have children with your ex husband, and now you are pregnant with another child by someone else?

If so, that's nothing that would be relevant regarding custody of your other children. It would not be a "change in circumstance"...or at least the pregnancy alone would not be. If the pregnancy caused you to decide to move a significant distance from the other parent, THAT would be a change in circumstance.

Humusluvr

He can be happy for you.

Congrats!!!

Yes I have a son and daughter with my XH. And now God willing, everything turns out a new one on the way. No this won't change where we are moving too, it is still just a neighborhood away but in the same school district as my son has been attending and that my daughter will go to next fall.

Thanks Humus, I am hoping I am just being a worry wart but I just want to be on the safe side.

Humusluvr

So I thought at the time....:D

Three up, three down, player out. :p
(Married/divorced three times, not playing that game any more! :cool:)

My marital record would make any Hollywood starlet proud! :eek: :p
Starlet or harlot? ;)

J/K Geekess.

I haven't even got ONE marriage yet, and its not looking like that will happen ever. I'm too darn argumentative, and I'm always right.

I. am. always. right. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Starlet or harlot? ;)

J/K Geekess.

I haven't even got ONE marriage yet, and its not looking like that will happen ever. I'm too darn argumentative, and I'm always right.

I. am. always. right. :)
You can marry my ex hon. He is used to that from being married to me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ha ha sweetie. Like I want OG leftovers :)

That's kinda funny considering the leftovers in my fridge from lunch!
Hey I still spend holidays with my ex. And you do have my leftovers in your fridge :) Veggie food was good. I still didn't get to Walmart. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">