• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a question on child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jade1101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

If the non custodial parent had his visitations taken away in 2007 and was court ordered to do drug testing, have cps do home evaluations, and sign up for two days a week visitation at the cps, and he in fact did non of it and told everyone there was no order, then decides about 6 years later to file a continence to reclaim his visitation and get his ex for contempt, what is the most likely outcome of this. I know the ex tried to help him get his visitations back but everyone she talked to said he would have to take it to court. She has tried to get him to take the drug tests along with his mother and father as he still lives in their home but non of them will. What can she do when she goes to court to get him to comply with the order?

Proserpina

If the non custodial parent had his visitations taken away in 2007 and was court ordered to do drug testing, have cps do home evaluations, and sign up for two days a week visitation at the cps, and he in fact did non of it and told everyone there was no order, then decides about 6 years later to file a continence to reclaim his visitation and get his ex for contempt, what is the most likely outcome of this. I know the ex tried to help him get his visitations back but everyone she talked to said he would have to take it to court. She has tried to get him to take the drug tests along with his mother and father as he still lives in their home but non of them will. What can she do when she goes to court to get him to comply with the order?

How exactly is the CP in contempt because the NCP cannot/will not complete what was required?

LdiJ

Unfortunately what you have written does not necessarily make much sense.

If you could try again, or ask someone else to explain it we might be able to give you better advice.

jade1101

Sorry

They went to court she asked for drug testing because the mother does pain pills and the father as well and smokes and sells pot. The father also smokes pot. In 2007 they filed for him and his parents to do drug testing and supervised visitation. They never went to pick up the order and told everyone the children mother was in contempt and wouldn't let him see his children. They never did anything the judge asked in the order and he filed for a continuance to get his visitations back 6 years later. I guess he's thinking since so much time has gone by they won't have to do the drug testing. They have court coming up and is wondering what she needs to do when she gets there to get the judge to have him comply with the order so he can get his visitations back.

jade1101

The father of the children and his parents whom he lives with all do drugs and never taken the drug testing required to get his visitations back, but filed to get them back anyway 6 years later. I hope short and simple works better for you. What does the mother of the children need to do?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
They went to court she asked for drug testing because the mother does pain pills and the father as well and smokes and sells pot. The father also smokes pot. In 2007 they filed for him and his parents to do drug testing and supervised visitation. They never went to pick up the order and told everyone the children mother was in contempt and wouldn't let him see his children. They never did anything the judge asked in the order and he filed for a continuance to get his visitations back 6 years later. I guess he's thinking since so much time has gone by they won't have to do the drug testing. They have court coming up and is wondering what she needs to do when she gets there to get the judge to have him comply with the order so he can get his visitations back.
They who?

I have a feeling that this is none of your business. The people involved should be posting. :cool:

jade1101

She is right here with me wanting to type it for her, she just needs help on this, can someone please help her. She is worried that he might get visitations and the drug testing will be thrown out.

Proserpina

She is right here with me wanting to type it for her, she just needs help on this, can someone please help her. She is worried that he might get visitations and the drug testing will be thrown out.

That could happen.

Nobody can guarantee either way (though generally, if visitation was revoked it's not often put back in place until whatever conditions are met).

jade1101

Does the amount of time that has past have any effect in the situation. Aug 2007 he was ordered and they go back to court in three weeks.

TinkerBelleLuvr

So, for 5 years he's chosen to ignore the order. How about asking the judge to do the drug testing immediately in court. Will the mother be clean?

jade1101

Her ex keeps saying they are all clean but just can't afford to do the drug testing for all three of them. The order is for all three of them to do the testing. His father never leaves the home, and his mother does everything for him. So doing it at that moment wouldn't matter because all of them wouldn't be there. And yes, her ex never went to the court house to pick up the order for it, and still hasn't. They all just say that she made up the paper even though she went to pick up the order for him not too long ago and gave it too him, because he wouldn't do it. Can she counter on his complaint for contempt to push him to do the order?

jade1101

She told me his mother texted her when she got the court papers in the mail and said they got it mailed to them and had a copy from years ago, but said they never got it before. So with that statement she has from her and the one she has with them saying they never got it can that be used on their negligence to avoid the court order and wait so long to take it back to court in order to avoid the drug screening asked of them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">