• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A verified answer to a request from the courts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaydenl4

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

After many years and much money I was finally divorced a couple of months ago. During the process, I was asked to produce financial records from a bank in which my accts are frozen. I did. I sent all the information to my attorney. I was asked to fax a signed statement that I had no other bank accounts at that time and I did.
Well a month later I recieved a letter stating that I needed to come to the office and pay $250 to prepare a verified answer to the request for production of documents. I stated that I did a lot of work to get those documents, since they were old and the financial institution had to go another building where they archive old records. Please understand that I did all the legwork while I paid my attorney. After much thought and frustration I terminated the professional services. Now I receive a copy of a order, dated in September requesting these documents all over again. The lawyer warned that I will be in comtempt if I do not provide a verified answer.
I thought when I produced what they wanted it was over. And we are divorced now, why is he trying to gain financially. I did not gain.
I do not want to be in contempt, how can I answer again, with out paying a fortune. I do not want to break the law!!
If anyone has experienced this or has any advice I would appreciate it.
I am waiting every day for something in the mail telling me that I am in trouble. Is there a way for me to answer. I have spent what I have to obtain a divorce. I am without representation.

Thanks
jaydenl4

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">