• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A will I never saw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

Apologies, i have failed to explain further. I am now a beneficiary in another will, my father. My sister is executor and i just received a Waiver of Process and Consent to Probate (in NY state.) No other document is attached.
I assume you mean your sister was nominated in your father's will to serve as executor. If you've only just received the waiver of process form, then she hasn't yet been appointed as executor.

But why would i be sent just a waiver, are they hoping i will just sign without reading the will?
No one here has insight into what hopes your sister and her attorney might have. If you want to know why they did something, ask them.

You might find it helpful to google "new york waiver of process consent to probate." The first few articles that come up should give you some insight into what's happening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">