• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About school pranks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I'm telling you, it's the whole entitlement era and these millenials. They don't respect property, and they are much more prone to antics than earlier generations. Many treat their school and their teachers as "My parents pay taxes, so I own this school and I employ these teachers. So they better give me what I'm entitled to, and otherwise - BACK OFF." Everything is ME ME ME, My Facebook, my phone, my rights, my stuff - no respect for other people's stuff.

And so the pranks become bigger and wilder, and someone gets hurt, and property gets destroyed, and they don't care. They might even hope to get a reality show out of it......:rolleyes:
A lot of the grad's at my daughters HS are from pretty wealthy familys. But still...Most were good kids. They paid. The ones that caused it??? Probably in rehab...like their parents. That town had the highest pop. of AA members in the state per capita (sp??).

jchasex

and they are much more prone to antics than earlier generations.
I disagree. I've heard all kinds of stories from 'back in the day'.

When my dad was at high school, the principal had this little old car. The kids took it apart and reassembled it INSIDE the school. Seriously....(and it still worked fine after that)

Man, cars are too big these days and I wouldn't even know where to start. I'd put it back together wrong I know. (So I don't even try, not looking to destroy the principal's car ya know)

"My parents pay taxes, so I own this school and I employ these teachers. So they better give me what I'm entitled to, and otherwise - BACK OFF." Everything is ME ME ME, My Facebook, my phone, my rights, my stuff - no respect for other people's stuff.
I myself have never said all that (cept for "my phone") and I've never heard anyone else my age say it either....

uuuptight

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Kid, I used to work for MIT and I still live/work in the area. You want funny pranks? THOSE kids are able to be creative, inventive and funny all at once. Your paltry little cell-phone-ringing-during-assembly doesn't even make the cut. Can YOU make a TARDIS appear on top of the Visitor Center?

So if I'm not impressed with how "funny" it was, you'll know the reason why.

jchasex

Kid, I used to work for MIT and I still live/work in the area. You want funny pranks? THOSE kids are able to be creative, inventive and funny all at once. Your paltry little cell-phone-ringing-during-assembly doesn't even make the cut. Can YOU make a TARDIS appear on top of the Visitor Center?

So if I'm not impressed with how "funny" it was, you'll know the reason why.
....You say that like you believe they made a TARDIS appear on top of the visitor center via the means of space/time travel.

I hate to break it to you. But I think you'll find they just put it there.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Believe it or not, I really do know that they "just put it there".

It's still a much better prank than yours.

CdwJava

People getting too uptight's the problem...
Too many attorneys and too much emphasis on assigning responsibility for everything to someone else, that's the problem. With half the world's lawyers and 5% of the world's population, they gotta keep busy somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">