• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abusive boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curlyerin

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I live in a condo with my boyfriend and our two young children. He owns the condo and pays the bills b/c right now i'm a stay at home mom. The next time he hits me and i call the cops, and hes arrested for domestic violance, can the court issue a protective order, in which he can not return to the home, even though he owns it?

seniorjudge

curlyerin said:

I live in a condo with my boyfriend and our two young children. He owns the condo and pays the bills b/c right now i'm a stay at home mom. The next time he hits me and i call the cops, and hes arrested for domestic violance, can the court issue a protective order, in which he can not return to the home, even though he owns it?
Yes, that is possible.

BUT

Don't count on it; get to a shelter today and leave that rat.

casa

curlyerin said:

You say "the next time" he hits you and you call the cops~ Did you call the cops on him before? Do you have those police reports? If so, how recent are they?

You can certainly get an Order of Protection- and it may temporarily restrain him from the residence, but since it is his residence, it's highly possible eventually you will have to leave it. You need to contact a Domestic Violence shelter, relatives or family friends and get OUT of that situation. This is very damaging for your children. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">