• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult son blindsided by arrest on surprise no-bail warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Around 2pm they told him he had still owed one day of community service and because he'd now served one day in jail, it's considered "time served" and he was free to go. And with that they released him. All that for one day? Seems so extreme. He claims that he was completely unaware of owing any more time, that with the wet-reckless he'd spent 4 days in jail and he thought that was all he owed.
Thank you for the update.

He still isn't sure if he even received a speeding ticket. He did not sign anything and wasn't released with a copy of such ticket.
He should receive the ticket in the mail. He should read the ticket thoroughly. If he doesn't understand what is written, he can call the court for an explanation.

With regards to the warrant, I think he needs to get something in writing showing he is cleared, a release of some sort. I also think he needs to find out about that speeding ticket. I presume he could accomplish both these things by contacting the court?
This is something your 20+ year old adult son should be able to tell you.

Yes, your son needs to have the warrant cleared by the court that issued it. He will need to appear before the judge, or he can hire an attorney to appear on his behalf, if this entire process is too confusing for him to understand.

And, so he doesn't have to be confused in the future, perhaps he might want to stay out of trouble. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">