• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adults harassing 15 yo on facebook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

Rovergirl, I'm reporting both of your posts because they contain real names.

However, if the parent thinks the threats are credible she needs to report them to the police.

They will investigate and go from there.

The parent should also take down her daughter's Facebook page.

rovergirl

sorry about that, I just copied and pasted from the facebook public forum.
Can i repost the question with a link to the page where the comments are posted?
The comment they posted came from another site, not facebook. The daughter has a personal page but has them blocked. the rescue has a public page however and the daughter helps and posts questions there.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
sorry about that, I just copied and pasted from the facebook public forum.
Can i repost the question with a link to the page where the comments are posted?
The comment they posted came from another site, not facebook. The daughter has a personal page but has them blocked. the rescue has a public page however and the daughter helps and posts questions there.
Just post a summary and your question. We don't need to get sucked in to the drama...

rovergirl

Okay, to sum up, a comment from a 15 yo girl was copied from another website and reposted to website so attack the girl. Subsequent posts by adult woman attacked this girl, threatening to visit at the rescue, bring weapons, bring backhoe, level the place. Personal attacks on the girl include her being called Vile, fat ass, brat, and nasty just to name a few.

What can be done about this? Are there any attorneys that can help? The girl and her mom would contact law enforcement but they are in a small town in Pennsylvania and they are not sure the local law enforcement would know how to handle this.

The woman appear to be making plans for a trip to the rescue to confront the girl.

Since this takes place on the internet, where is legal jurisdiction? Where the woman leave or at the girl's home?

If anyone wants to read the note to determine the credibility of the threats and harassment of this 15 yo, PM me and I will provide the link.

Antigone*

Okay, to sum up, a comment from a 15 yo girl was copied from another website and reposted to website so attack the girl. Subsequent posts by adult woman attacked this girl, threatening to visit at the rescue, bring weapons, bring backhoe, level the place. Personal attacks on the girl include her being called Vile, fat ass, brat, and nasty just to name a few.

What can be done about this? Are there any attorneys that can help? The girl and her mom would contact law enforcement but they are in a small town in Pennsylvania and they are not sure the local law enforcement would know how to handle this.

The woman appear to be making plans for a trip to the rescue to confront the girl.

Since this takes place on the internet, where is legal jurisdiction? Where the woman leave or at the girl's home?

If anyone wants to read the note to determine the credibility of the threats and harassment of this 15 yo, PM me and I will provide the link.
Does the young girl volunteer at this recue?

Antigone*

She does volunteer there. Her mother founded the rescue.
There is quite a bit of information regarding cyber bullying on the net. I even saw a Dr. Phil episode (you might want to check his website). I think your questions would be better suited for that message board. I don't think you need to involve attorneys yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">