• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice for no fault auto accident seeking compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blinky2

What is the name of your state? michigan

so guy ran a red light and side swiped me and then becasue of that someone else rear ended me.there were wintnesses. i have no major injuries and my insurance coverd my medical and work loss. i had no collision insurance on my car but its still kelly blue book value of 1800 and my transportation. also i had to pay impound and towing fees of 200$ I do not know if he has insurance as on the police report it states unkown and aparently if he does not contest the running red light ticket i cant order him to reveal that information at his court date. Is there anything i can do to insure recovering of at least small claims court of 500$ as limited by some dumb ass law.

can i sue him for property damage mental anguish etc , anything. as i do get stressed out about driving. i am not looking to get rich just get what i owe.

S

shell007

blinky2 said:
What is the name of your state? michigan

so guy ran a red light and side swiped me and then becasue of that someone else rear ended me.there were wintnesses. i have no major injuries and my insurance coverd my medical and work loss. i had no collision insurance on my car but its still kelly blue book value of 1800 and my transportation. also i had to pay impound and towing fees of 200$ I do not know if he has insurance as on the police report it states unkown and aparently if he does not contest the running red light ticket i cant order him to reveal that information at his court date. Is there anything i can do to insure recovering of at least small claims court of 500$ as limited by some dumb ass law.

can i sue him for property damage mental anguish etc , anything. as i do get stressed out about driving. i am not looking to get rich just get what i owe.
Sue..Sue...Sue!!!

Accident was not your fault. You can/should get some type of compensation for property damage and personal injury.

justalayman

shellandty said:
Sue..Sue...Sue!!!

Accident was not your fault. You can/should get some type of compensation for property damage and personal injury.
Mi has no fault insurance......

S

shell007

justalayman said:
Mi has no fault insurance......
I was waiting for that! :D :D :D

Boy am I glad I don't live in MI.

Anyway...I suggest exhausitng all options for compensation.

justalayman

shellandty said:
I was waiting for that! :D :D :D

Boy am I glad I don't live in MI.

Anyway...I suggest exhausitng all options for compensation.
The Mi ins. thing sux. I understand there are certain things that one can recieve comp. for but me NOT BEING AN ATTORNEY the OP should wait for one that is and hope fully they will steer them in direction of hope and enlightenment.

to OP:hang on...hopefully correct and informed assisstance will be here shortly...please enjoy todays selection of music while you hold.

blinky2

ya i am, so mi no fault means ic ant do anything less im injured except in small claims. any way to ensure that he pays the 500 even once i ge ta ruling if i have no insurance info on him

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">