• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed please on expungement of speeding violation at BAMA DPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Heavy Foot

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I am looking to get a speeding violation from May 2002 expunged from my driving record at the Alabama DPS because it is keeping me from getting a sales position down in Florida.

First, I filed a motion to expunge in the county where I got the ticket citing my reasons (which I know we don't have in AL), and spoke with the Judge in the county which the original complaint (ticket) was filed. My motion was granted within the county and, not only did the DC Judge expunge it from the county records, he issued an order to the DPS to remove my violation from my driving record on a chance, I guess, that DPS legal would agree to remove the record. This order was denied because the district court does not have this authority as explained to me by the head of legal at DPS.

I AM NOT a minor and youthfull offender does not apply here. When I spoke with legal at DPS, he would not advise me (recommend) on the next course of action I should take, other than saying I should file for a Motion 31 or Title 31.

Someone help, it is a must that I get this removed or I don't get this great job. Any advice would be great!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">