• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on what to do (B1/B2, fiancé)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flaca321

:confused: What is the name of your state? CA

3 years ago I've been in the US for 11 months (duration of the program) on an exchange visitor visa and came back before the expiration of my I-94. 8 months later (last year) I got a tourist visa (B1/B2) and they stamped 5 months on my I-94. A month before the expiration (4th month) I applied for an extension that was rejected 3 months later so I came back to my country (I stayed 7 months). Since I had enrolled in a class I applied for a student visa (2 months after I left the US) and it was denied "because I stayed in the US twice and for a long time". And they also "cancelled without prejudice" my tourist visa. They said they think I don't have strong ties to my country and that I can re apply when I have sthg to prove I'm not going to leave my country. I live on my investment so I don't need to be in my country all the time and I get enough money to travel. I told them that I had always left the country on time so that was enough prove. What kind of prove do I need? How long should I wait to re-apply?
With my fiancé we've been thinking about a fiancé visa...Does he need to prove he has a "specific" amount of money? What else do we need? And what are the chances I can get it after the denial of my student visa and the cancellation of my tourist visa? What happens if we don't get married (apart from having to come back home)?
Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">