• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

affairs and custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Grovetuckyohio

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was told that my wife's affair would have no bearing on our divorce or the custody of our child. The fact that she passed on an STD to me and was not the parent who took and picked up our daughter for preschool, or took off work if our daughter was sick, doesn't seem to matter.

Is this true?

LdiJ

Grovetuckyohio said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was told that my wife's affair would have no bearing on our divorce or the custody of our child. The fact that she passed on an STD to me and was not the parent who took and picked up our daughter for preschool, or took off work if our daughter was sick, doesn't seem to matter.

Is this true?
Her affair probably won't have any bearing on your case. The STD might. However, if you have been the primary caretaker for your child then that WILL have a signficant bearing on child custody.

Grovetuckyohio

Ohio

Since confronting my wife, she has become supermom! This has been going on for a 6 months. I thought I would see if we could recover, my wife made no attempts towards recovery.

She's not a bad mother, she's actually a good mom, but during the affair she was moody and gone a lot.

LdiJ

Grovetuckyohio said:
Ohio

Since confronting my wife, she has become supermom! This has been going on for a 6 months. I thought I would see if we could recover, my wife made no attempts towards recovery.

She's not a bad mother, she's actually a good mom, but during the affair she was moody and gone a lot.
Well...then you really can't say that you have been the primary caretaker.

For the sake of your child I would recommend that the two of you attempt to come to the most amicable agreement possible regarding sharing your child. In the long term, your child will thank you for that.

Grovetuckyohio

ohio

I think my wife got better advise initially than I did.

She did a 180 and became a better parent and since I was going through an emotional rollercoaster, she set herself up to look much better than before I discovered the affair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">