• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After 6 years what should I put on job app.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkrobin

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
I was charge with Theft by unlaw taking-movable prop. 24 times and Forery-alter writing 14 times total of 38 charges towards me. That was 6 years ago, I got ARD, with 2 years probaition, commuitty service,fines,rest. Now on my record from the court house web sight most of the charges say" Dismissed- other"what the "other " would be? the other chrages say "ARD-county." and it says case "closed" See I never plead guilty at the court date My lawyer said it was a non conviction so I would no have a record My frist offense. My question is how do I anwser the question on a job app. when it ask have you ever been convicted? should I put yes but all chrges were dismissed and Ard? or no, and not get the job becouse they think I lied?
Any help would be great
Thank you.

Last edited:

jkrobin said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
I was charge with Theft by unlaw taking-movable prop. 24 times and Forery-alter writing 14 times total of 38 charges towards me. That was 6 years ago, I got ARD, with 2 years probaition, commuitty service,fines,rest. Now on my record from the court house web sight most of the charges say" Dismissed- other"what the "other " would be? the other chrages say "ARD-county." and it says case "closed" See I never plead guilty at the court date My lawyer said it was a non conviction so I would no have a record My frist offense. My question is how do I anwser the question on a job app. when it ask have you ever been convicted? should I put yes but all chrges were dismissed and Ard? or no, and not get the job becouse they think I lied?
Any help would be great
Thank you.
If you do not have a conviction and the program you entered into as a plea agreement is not a conviction then you can legally state that you have no conviction. Unless you get the charges expunged or leagally removed from your record then this could still cause you problems. Contact the attorney who represented you and see if he can get the charges sealed....

garrula lingua

It appears that if you are asked if you were ever convicted, the answer is NO.

If you are asked if you were ever arrested, the answer is YES.

jkrobin

I was never read my m-rights, the only thing I did was get finger printed and mug shot. That was after my D.J court hearing. I do not know if this makes any differt?

garrula lingua

Mug-shot fingerprints = booking (aka arrest)

Your 'rights' make no difference. Unless, you are saying you wish to withdraw your ARD plea and set your case for trial (which would be incredibly dumb).

You received a great opportunity to set the clock back, and pretend you didn't forge and theive your way to glory 38 times.

I don't know what drugs your Prosecutor was on - in my jurisdiction, you would have received a minimum of 16 months in State Prison for one count(with eight months of consec time for ea additional count).
You were blessed with luck.

Go and sin no more.

Leave other people's stuff alone, only use checks and credit cards in your name and account number.

Give thanks you got ARD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">