• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated assault need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mudbone180

Nov. 5 courtdate

Just to let everybody who responded to this thread know that not one of you guys knew what the hell you was talking about. If you specialize in law you need to get a new career. Everything that you guys wrote the complete opposite happened basically the judge knew it was just a domestic dispute and dropped the charges since of course my brother wasnt pressing any. Its a shame because i really wrote this thread thinking i was really gonna get some good advice and all i got was a bunch of B.S. I tell you one thing dont quit your day job and stop fronting like some fakes ass lawyer or a fake judge Judy. Yall suck get a life.

rhinocl

Please re-examine that
1)You drank too much
2)While under the influence you reached for a knife
3)Some one got hurt
Next time someone could get killed and the judge won't cut you any slack. Please either stop drinking or stop carrying knives.
And you were rude to people who gave you decent advice. They have no crystal ball and had no way of knowing how the judge would rule. You just got lucky.

CdwJava

You got lucky in that the judge decided it was not worth pursuing. If two brothers get stupid and see no problem with swinging knives at each other, I guess the judge figured that was Darwinism in action.

What the other posters wrote about the nature of the crime is no less true because you got off. Judges have the leeway to do many things - one of them is to dismiss charges. And there are many reasons why a judge dismisses charges. Chances are the prosecution agreed to that decision, otherwise they could have pressed the issue.

So, you got lucky. In the future, keep the knives in a drawer ... next time, someone could get seriously hurt or killed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">