• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggrevated DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I got a dui due to legal medications. It is going to be settled tomorrow finally. It has taken a long time and money to get through this but I went through the counceling and the whole bit. I still have one thing to complete - a victim impact panel but I completed the level 1 counseling with summary completion.

I did learn that you can get a dui even in a stopped vehicle with the engine off even in your own garage. It seems strange to me that you can't even sit in your own car on your own private property if on suspension or revocation, but it is the law.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm curious to know what state you live in and how the heck did you get a DUI on LEGAL meds for sitting in a parked car in your own garage? Then, forced to go through counseling - for what? And attend a victim impact panel?? Did you have a lawyer? If this story is what I'm reading, you should be the guest speaker on the victim panel.

Buck1206, make sure your lawyer KNOWS, practices and eats DUI laws on a daily basis. Don't mess around with some lawyer who thinks they know DUI laws.

DUI has virtually nothing to do with driving. Driving just happens to be the most frequent symptom of being in a motor vehicle while intoxicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">