• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreed Upon Drop Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinkey14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I often read on this forum statements about "meeting the other parent at the agreed upon drop-off or exchange point." My custody order states nothing of the sort; only days of the week, approximate times (morning, evening, before bed, school schedule, etc).

I drive 45-60 minutes each way to both pick up and drop off my son on weekends and a weeknight per week. I guess it's not something that I'm up in arms about, but my ex does well financially, has a flexible work schedule, and her own car.

Our parenting plan is supposed to be reviewed every 2 years. When this comes up January 2010, would there be any reason to expect that I couldn't ask her to do one pick up or drop off, or meet me at a half-way point? I'm not sure if the current transportation situation is enough to be called "status quo", or if a minor modification can be requested with possiblity of being approved. By the way, when we have this "review", I am assuming that this is just done between my ex and I, or are the lawyers/courts/judges involved? Are these reviews common?

I know it might seem like a petty issue, but especially when picking my son up at his mom's house, I'm fighting tooth and nail to pull him away from a video game system, and sometimes he still has friends over who have not gone home yet. The environment there while I wait is less than pleasant. I think that if we had a mutually agreed upon exchange point, it would take a lot of fuss out of things, but my ex doesn't won't willingly make a change.

Isis1

it is not unreasonable to request that each parent do their own pick up. i'd ask for it. do not bring up mom's work schedule or her finances as a reason for this. none of your business or related to the issue.

now, what might work in the event that you aren't granted a relief is the transportation, is a friday pick up at school and a midweek pick up at school. instead of at mom's. eliminating the wait time for child.

pinkey14

Sorry, didn't want to imply anything negative about her work schedule or financial situation. I was just trying to state that there was no current condition that I think would be a reason a judge might not consider my request, like if mom had no transportation, couldn't afford that much gas, was at work during my pick up, etc. :)

Isis1

Sorry, didn't want to imply anything negative about her work schedule or financial situation. I was just trying to state that there was no current condition that I think would be a reason a judge might not consider my request, like if mom had no transportation, couldn't afford that much gas, was at work during my pick up, etc. :)
no worries, i'm just giving you heads up on how to word your case before the court. no malice. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">