• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreement to Change Taxability of Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

Thanks for the numbers. I haven't had a chance to talk to my accountant to see if it makes sense, but if it's that much of a decrease for her, she probably wouldn't agree. Add in the cost of the attorney to draw up the agreement and file it with the court and... well... probably doesn't help my pocketbook as much as I was hoping.
Making a deal with the devil has never benefited anyone and never will. You screwed up once by agreeing to pay too much alimony thinking it would benefit you. Learn from that and don't screw up again.

latigo

Making a deal with the devil has never benefited anyone and never will. You screwed up once by agreeing to pay too much alimony thinking it would benefit you. Learn from that and don't screw up again.
"Too much alimony"?

Like maybe you are privy to the poster's financial port folio and the cost of maintaining a home for the children in the style that he was and is able provide? And she, the mother of his children, is Beelzebub incarnate?

What you need to do, "island hopper", is to lay off of the fermented coconuts. Either that or one fell on your head.

LdiJ

"Too much alimony"?

Like maybe you are privy to the poster's financial port folio and the cost of maintaining a home for the children in the style that he was and is able provide? And she, the mother of his children, is Beelzebub incarnate?

What you need to do, "island hopper", is to lay off of the fermented coconuts. Either that or one fell on your head.
Bali has to pay alimony and it very seriously upsets him.

Bali Hai

"Too much alimony"?

POSTER:
"I agreed to the high alimony because that's how I was able to get her to agree to 50/50 parenting time".

I'm not privy to the posters financial port folio, I'm just privy to what he posted. Apparently you missed that, are your glasses working? Or are you just ignoring it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">