• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alittle help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjr5150

What is the name of your state?Colorado
My workman's comp case is about to be settled, I found this out on friday 5/06/05. Also at the same time i found this out I also was told my impairiment rating by my work comp case manager. She is writing up the papers but I am not happy with the results of the rating. I can't find a lawyer in colorado that will take the case because they say the settlement amount they are offering is accurate. I have never been here before. Do iI have to get a lawyer in colorado or can it be somewhere else? If I opt for a IME do i find the doctor or does workman's comp?

Last edited:

Beth3

She is writing up the papers but I am not happy with the results of the rating. What medical evidence do you have that the rating is incorrect? Additionally, the State must review and approve all impairment ratings before they are final.

I can't find a lawyer in colorado that will take the case because they say the settlement amount they are offering is accurate. Well, that certainly suggests that that the PPD settlement being offered is proper.

I have never been here before. Do iI have to get a lawyer in colorado or can it be somewhere else? You need an attorney who is licensed to practice law in Colorado and is expert in Colorado's worker's compensation regulations. Your best bet to find such an attorney is in Colorado.

If I opt for a IME do i find the doctor or does workman's comp? Your doctor makes a recommendation for an impairment rating to the WC carrier. If the WC carrier feels that recommendation may be out of line, the WC carrier will send you for an IME.

It would appear your own doctor has suggested an impairment rating which the WC carrier has accepted and multiple WC attorneys have told you that based on your medical status, that impairment rating is correct. Personally, I don't think that you have many options here.

tjr5150

ATTN. beth3

Are you a lawyer? workman's comp insurance person?

It would appear your own doctor has suggested an impairment rating which the WC carrier has accepted and multiple WC attorneys have told you that based on your medical status, that impairment rating is correct. Personally, I don't think that you have many options here.
Thinks to your remarks to me I have spent countless hours on the net and phone. I have called the department of labor here in colorado. I have found out that normally the treating doctor, even if he is a level 2 normally does not do the impairiment rating. I have also found out that the treating doctor has documented in my medical records that this will effect my hip and lower back in the future, But did not include that in the rating. I was told by the insurance ajuster that thier attorney's say since he did not include lower back and hip why pay me more. I can see thier point. But I finally found an attorney to help me, and having my lower back and hip documented in the medical records the insurance company should have asked for an ime if they were looking out for my best intrest. But we all know they don't. I have also got an aplication for an ime. I know this could be good or bad for me but this is a chance I am willing to take, since I know my foot is only at %50 or less. I also found out that colorado workman's comp laws suck as far as helping for retraining and consideration for depression and stress and nerve damage and also artritis. For me this sucks since I used to spend 12-15+ hours a day on my feet working. I now can't even stand for 4 hours without extreme swelling and pain,lower back and hip hurting. I can no longer climb a ladder,stairs, or lift more than 25 pounds for the rest of my life due to injury. So again beth3 thanks for your comment's that did not answer anything for me... Also sorry for the long post

I

itsacatsworld

CO has appeals courts. Call the CO ABA and see what they suggest.

BlondiePB

But I finally found an attorney to help me, and having my lower back and hip documented in the medical records the insurance company should have asked for an ime if they were looking out for my best intrest. But we all know they don't. I have also got an aplication for an ime.
I'm glad to hear that you now have an attorney. Your attorney needs to handle this matter now - including petitioning for you to have the IME. Do not do this yourself.

tjr5150

I'm glad to hear that you now have an attorney. Your attorney needs to handle this matter now - including petitioning for you to have the IME. Do not do this yourself.
Thank you for the information. This is helpful to me. My lawyer is doing all of the paperwork for the ime for me also. Again thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">