• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Almost 18 YO son out of control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Salehunter

What is the name of your state? MA

A few months ago my son got arrested for possession of pot with intent to distribute. I did not bail him out and he had to stay in jail until Monday when he was arraigned. After going to court that day and having him released he refused to come home, telling me basically that he makes the rules and if I dont like it tough. Well I told him if he did not come home right then he was not coming back home at all. After a few days he made a deal with my mother to stay there. Her rules were about the same, have to attend school, have a curfew etc.... Needless to say he broke every rule there and more and my mother asked him to leave also. Now he is staying at a friends house until he decides what to do. He is going to be 18 in 24 days, can I get into trouble for him not living at home? I also have to add that when he was living at home he stole from us, left windows unlocked so he could open them and crawl in so we wouldnt know he missed curfew, came home drunk on drugs more than I can count, and the list goes on and on. He has quit school and has no intention of looking for a job. He is being charged as an adult, but will the court tomorrow have something to say about him not living at home? I know I am his legal guardian for the next 24 days until he is 18 but I cannot take it anymore. The verbal and physical abuse when he is at home is unbearable. What should I do legally??

HomeGuru

Salehunter said:
What is the name of your state? MA

A few months ago my son got arrested for possession of pot with intent to distribute. I did not bail him out and he had to stay in jail until Monday when he was arraigned. After going to court that day and having him released he refused to come home, telling me basically that he makes the rules and if I dont like it tough. Well I told him if he did not come home right then he was not coming back home at all. After a few days he made a deal with my mother to stay there. Her rules were about the same, have to attend school, have a curfew etc.... Needless to say he broke every rule there and more and my mother asked him to leave also. Now he is staying at a friends house until he decides what to do. He is going to be 18 in 24 days, can I get into trouble for him not living at home? I also have to add that when he was living at home he stole from us, left windows unlocked so he could open them and crawl in so we wouldnt know he missed curfew, came home drunk on drugs more than I can count, and the list goes on and on. He has quit school and has no intention of looking for a job. He is being charged as an adult, but will the court tomorrow have something to say about him not living at home? I know I am his legal guardian for the next 24 days until he is 18 but I cannot take it anymore. The verbal and physical abuse when he is at home is unbearable. What should I do legally??
**A: call the police and report him as a run away. Gve the cops his address. What the hell are you waiting for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">