• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Almost got the ex picked up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TNBSMommy

So, I recently had a post "getting the child support sent in" only to find out he quit his job last month and has had a new one that he "hasn't got around to" calling in to CS about. I told him to tell me and I would, and he told me "it isn't any of your f***ing business where I work" After he hung up on me his wife called and she ended up telling me where he was working, sooo I got to work myself. I couldn't get ahold of the warrants clerk(who I was told to talk to) so I ended up calling the DA and asking her if he did indeed have a warrant. Because in Sept. of 02 it was written into our court papers that if he missed one payment, a mittimus would be issued. In Jan 03 I called and reported he quit that job.First the DA told me no, that it was mentioned last week and that we would have to go back to court b/c of the time length between the two, then she called back and said she checked our records and yes, he did have one issued.

SO I called his new job and asked for him. They told me he was there and to hold on. I hung up and called the sherriff's dept. Unfortunately, I didn't count on him getting off work so early, and he left before they got there, I had gone up there so I could see it, and called back to tell them he left. So they are going out there today about the same time as when I called yesterday.
So, hopefully they will catch him today....

One question, what, if any, is the difference between a mittimus and an arrest warrant? I am a little confused about that..
TIA

TNBSMommy

well, the same way he pays it now...not at all. He is up to 27,000(I added it up) works 10-15 different jobs a year, bc every time we find him, he quits.
The warrant is there for NON payment of his support, not just because I don't like him. He isn't doing anything but running out of jail....
Not to mention, I was told by his wife that they can't get the kids on their insurance, even though he is court ordered to provided it and had I been told this a month to a month and a half ago, I may have been able to do something and get them on mine, only, he didn't tell me the truth he let me go on thinking they were waiting on paperwork for a month after they knew how things were and that they couldn't. I just asked him the week before last about it, and he said he called and it wouldn't be much longer~~Only to find out he knew all along that he couldn't. Now, I can't get ins. through my work until november..
I realize ins. is not the same thing and a totally different thing all together, but it just added another coal to the fire... And I am tired of his lies, and him getting away with no support, and since I can get him arrested, I will. Maybe when he gets out, it will make him think twice about not helping to support the children he helped create.

Edited to add: I will support them myself, just like I always have, while he is in jail.

CMSC

You have EVERY right to see this "man" sit in jail for a few days...maybe even a few months. If that is what it takes to get him to grow up, then so be it.

Nobody is going to feel bad for him if he has to sit in jail.

TNBSMommy

Thank you, that is what I think. After years of watching him get away with this, and trying to mend our children's broken hearts when he is a no call no show for plans they make, and sending the kids the few times he actually wants them even though they are getting to where they don't even want to go, and listening to my 10(9 at the time) year old tell me her daddy does nothing but lie to her and why does he do that? I think it is time that I deserve some justice. And I don't and won't feel bad. He doesn't do anything for me out of jail, and only hurts the kids, so why let him keep getting away with it? I don't have to, and I won't.

nextwife

I'm rather iffy about jail for non-violent or non-dangerous offenses. There are some REALLY scary characters in there, and I'm not sure that a "few nights in jail" for certain very gentle and non-aggressive types of individuals may not end up resulting in a tragedy. I know my dear husband, for example, is way too non-aggressive to be safe with all those very tough types. Might a "few nights in jail" under certain circumstances turn into throwing someone into the lion's pit and never seeing them come out again? I just don't know, but I'd hate to take that chance.

TNBSMommy

I wouldn't worry about that for my ex, he is by no means the non aggressive or non violent.. and as bad as it sounds, probably knows half the people he will be spending the next six months with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">