• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altered/fraudulent evidence in administrative hearing in FL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexB18

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Someone brought up false allegations against me in an administrative hearing and provided several pages of purported text messages to support their claims... however, my counsel is now able to show that the messages were altered - they don't even come close to matching the messages on my billing statements. Are there any criminal repercussions in FL for doing such a thing? I know there would be if this was done in a criminal trial. I'm already suing for libel, slander, and tortious interference... is there any other cause of action I should research?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Someone brought up false allegations against me in an administrative hearing and provided several pages of purported text messages to support their claims... however, my counsel is now able to show that the messages were altered - they don't even come close to matching the messages on my billing statements. Are there any criminal repercussions in FL for doing such a thing? I know there would be if this was done in a criminal trial. I'm already suing for libel, slander, and tortious interference... is there any other cause of action I should research?

What did your attorney say when you asked this question?

(I do hope this is going to be worth your while, incidentally)

AlexB18

What did your attorney say when you asked this question?

(I do hope this is going to be worth your while, incidentally)
It's the weekend and I don't want to disturb him during family time... :D

The evidence needed to show that these texts were altered/forged just surfaced this late afternoon... wouldn't mind doing some guided research so I can have an educated discussion with him Monday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">