• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I being underpaid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jolida72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY state. Hi, I work for a roofing company that does contract work for the state, ie school jobs. The guys working on the roof get rate pay which is usually $35 an hour (not union), I clean up the sites and deliver the materials so I do actually get up on the roof. My question is, should I also be getting rate pay instead of the $11 an hour that I currently receive. Thank you.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY state. Hi, I work for a roofing company that does contract work for the state, ie school jobs. The guys working on the roof get rate pay which is usually $35 an hour (not union), I clean up the sites and deliver the materials so I do actually get up on the roof. My question is, should I also be getting rate pay instead of the $11 an hour that I currently receive. Thank you.
What makes you think you should get equal pay?

CSO286

The only way you would be underpaid is if you were being paid BELOW the federal/state minimum wage. That is all the employer has to pay you by law.

If you had wanted a higher rate of pay, you should have negotiated it at the time you were hired. Or you can go to your boss now and ask for a raise....

jolida72

thank you for the responses, just had to check since I was being paid rate before when I was actually roofing on the same jobs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">