• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Entitled to Discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjobjs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What can I do about not being given my right to discovery? This is an unlawful detainer so the discovery rules are changed- you only have 5 days to return answers. I personally had the party served with interrogatories. Five days passed-I wrote a letter to the party requesting answers to interrogatories-another 5 days passed, I filed a Motion to Compel Answers- Judge ignored Motion- I mailed another copy of interrogatories to party. I sent another letter requesting answers and filed another Motion to Compel. There has been 29 days since the original interrogatories were sent. Last court appearance the judge addressed the issue and told the other party they didn't have to produce the interrogatories until the day we go to trial another 18 days. What can I do?

Is there any way I can get the court transferred to another city in the same county? No it's not a venue issue it's an issue of whether I will receive fair treatment.

Quite frankly, it's a procedure issue. Follow proper procedure and you should win. You have not, even though we don't have full facts. I won't go into it, but, for the sake of argument, what is the code on the matter and what have you done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">