• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I required to locate the exact same replacement vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

las365

The OP's question has been answered multiplte times. He just doesn't like the answer. The baffling part is, he seems to think that the people on the board have the authority to change what the insurance company is required to do.

justalayman

The insurance company is required to offer you actual cash value.
true but the determination is the stumbling point. I have seen an offer that did not come up to muster and had to be contested. I believe part of the problem comes with how that value is determined, not so much that the insurance company is trying to get away with paying less the they should.

las365: The OP's question has been answered multiplte times. He just doesn't like the answer. The baffling part is, he seems to think that the people on the board have the authority to change what the insurance company is required to do.
I know but I am currently bored and willing to beat my head on a wall trying to convince the guy he isn't getting screwed.

I just noticed, we don;t have the smiley banging head on wall emoticon.:mad:

las365

I have seen an offer that did not come up to muster and had to be contested.
I, too, have seen that many times. I agree that the valuation process (and the way some insurance carriers try to implement it) often falls woefully short of attaining the ideal that the person who was damaged as a result of someone else's negligence should be compensated so that they are in the same position they were in before the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">