• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon FBA reseller/business licenses in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AllMyNames

Hi everyone. I'm trying to start out doing Amazon FBA selling in New York State and i'm stuck on one part of it for now.

I want to apply to wholesellers/distributors so that I can order products and get ungated in different categories and brands. However, i've heard that you need to have a Resale Certificate and a Business Certificate, specific to being a retailer/reseller, in order for these businesses to do business with you.

I've also applied for a license and created a separate service-based business that I never followed up on, but received a Certificate of Authority to collect Sales Tax on.

Do i need to apply for another business license specific for being a retailer/reseller AND a Resale Certificate? Or can I use what I already have (from my other business license and COA) to try to apply to wholesellers/distributors?

Just Blue

Wait, how is this spam? I'm asking the question legitimately.
No, Quincy was not referring to you or your post. He is referring to a spammer that was reported. He bumped up your thread so the spam thread would not show on the main forums list. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">