• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an update - finally near the end of the dui experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turdferguson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ms

So I went to court today, I'm sure some of you have read my past few posts, had a lot of good sound advice but for any of you first time readers out there, the best piece of advice is find a good lawyer. Mine was kind of shaky but he did end up getting the job done. So basically my attorney made a deal with my arresting officer. She would drop the dui charge if i pled guilty to the equipment failure charge (the front headlight was out) It was a 155 dollar ticket and I have to go to Masep (4 week alcohol safety education class) My record will be clean except for the arrest which will go away in two years according to my attorney.

I am very happy with my results. I thanked the officer like 10 times, she saved my ass. She dropped the charges because she felt sorry for how my lawyer didn't show up to my first court appearance and she also said that she appreciated my not being an ******* to her(not her exact words lol) and being honest.

So tomorrow I'll have my first masep class and I also have an administrative hearing in the morning. I scheduled this back in January though, not knowing that my other court date would be today. I'm interested to see what will happen here. I refused a breathalyzer so my license was suspended for 90 days, I scheduled the hearing to see if i can get my license back.

It is to my understanding that the administrative side and conviction side of a dui are two seperate entities. Will my not being convicted help in getting my drivers license back? Also on my masep form it says that 'Mississippi License reinstatement on a 1st dui is not possible without MASEP completion. Since I was never actually convicted of a dui, does this still apply to me?

If I'm right the DMV will not re instate your license unless you complete MASEP and pay the reinstatement fee. I think the only way you can get out of it is if they didn't have probable cause to require the test...but I'm not sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">