• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An UPDATE:IAAL Thank You!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fuad and I reside in Des Moines, Iowa

Fuad and I have an UPDATE that may be of interest to all of you members who are familar with our situation.
If you are a new member to the board and are not familar with our situation, here is a brief description:
In the year 2000 Bobbi Jo named Fuad the biological father of her child Jana. Fuad believed that he was the biological father of the child, therefore he did not contest to the paternity of the child when Bobbi Jo and the Child Support Recovery Unit ordered him to pay not only child support, but delinquent child support as well. Soon after the child was born and Fuad began to pay child support, Bobbi Jo began to deny Fuad any visitation with his daughter, so Fuad then began to question the paternity of the child and requested Bobbi Jo to perform a paternity test, but she refused. Fuad had no other option but to hire legal representation and Bobbi Jo was court ordered to perform a paternity test. In August of 2001 and only 7 days before the child's first birthday, Fuad received the paternity test results proving him NOT the biological father of the child. Fuad's attorney then disestablished paternity and terminated any and all child support obligations, but did not request satisfaction of the delinquent child support as Fuad requested in the initial consultation with him. The CSRU soon began to notify Fuad of the delinquent child support and his obligation to pay it, so I began to look through the Iowa Codes and found that it states in Iowa Code 641.B, I believe, that if paternity is overcome and the established legal father is proven not the biological father of the child:
a. any and all child support obligations on behalf of the child should be terminated and
b. any and all unpaid child support on behalf of the child should be satisfied
So, we filed a motion of a Nunc Pro Tunc to revise the current order in the county where she lived at the time and we presented this Code and the order for disestablishment of paternity to the Judge and he agreed and satisfied the delinquent child support. Towards the end of 2001 Fuad and I decided to sue Bobbi Jo in Small Claims court for Wrongfully Collected Child Support and a default judgment was entered against her in the amount of $2500, because she failed to appear for the set hearing. Since the judgment was entered we have had only two Judgment Debtor's Examinations, the last being on the 18th of November, because in the Small Claims pamphlet it states that we can only conduct a JD Exam every 120 days. For the first exam, Fuad and I had no knowledge of our rights as the plaintiffs and what questions we had the right to ask, but for the last exam and thanks to IAAL we were able to provide Bobbi Jo with a legal Judgment Debtor Examination Questionnaire with questions that we had the right to ask and receive answers too, except for the questions concerning her husband, because she was not married at the time that we filed our claim and the judgment was entered. So IAAL, THANK YOU! I want you to know what an effect that questionnaire had on Bobbi Jo, it had such an effect that she refused to answer any of the questions in the questionnaire without the Judge reading over the questionnaire and being present with her while answering them. And even then, there were still questions that she refused to answer, until the Judge said, "Answer them or I am taking you straight to jail!". So, although there were many questions that she was not obligated to answer concerning her husband, we still got the answers to what we believe were the most important questions in the questionnaire. I really wanted to harm her during the exam, I am sorry, but my blood was a boiling and my hands were shaking! But, after all that excitment, Fuad and I received a note from Bobbi Jo in the mail, stating that if Fuad and I promised to "leave her and her husband alone" then she would make payments to satisfy the judgment. FINALLY! I contacted her over the telephone pertaining to her note and explained that Fuad and I refuse to make any verbal agreements with her and if she wishes to make payments she will have to make a written agreement stating the amount of each payment and the date that Fuad shall receive each payment and if there is one payment that isn't the said amount or isn't received on the said date, we would request another JD Exam to question her about it. Bobbi Jo informed me that because she is unemployed and does not plan to be employed until after her child is born, that her husband will be making the payments and they may only be $10 per payday, but Fuad and I are fine with only $10 per payday as long as she pays the judgment in full and exits our lifes as soon as possible. Yes, Bobbi Jo is married, she married in July of this year and since the last time I visited this site, she gave birth to her second child and is now pregnant with her third. Fuad and I are very happy for her and we really do feel as though she is blessed to have a wonderful husband and beautiful children, but we strive for the same blessings in our life and we do not feel as though we can move forward and begin our "until death do us part" until our past is our past and she is our past, so I have promised that I am only going to spend 50% of my time and my life "bringing Bobbi Jo down" and making Bobbi Jo's life a living hell, lol, not really, but I am going to do what I can to see that she is vanished from our lifes as soon as possible!
Well, I am expecting a response to a note that I sent Bobbi Jo the other day, so you can expect another update within the next week. Goodbye for now, Shannon

THANK YOU SO MUCH IAAL YOU REALLY MADE AN IMPACT ON OUR SITUATION AND BOBBI JO AND WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
BOBBI JO WAS SCARED ****LESS WITH THE QUESTIONNAIRE THAT YOU PROVIDED US WITH AND DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT IN THE NOTE SHE WROTE TO FUAD AND I AFTER THE EXAM SHE ASKED "HOW DID YOU EVER COME UP WITH SOME OF THOSE QUESTIONS?" LOL
I LOVE IT!

Thank you Grace_Adler

Thank you Grace_Adler! And to tell you the truth, I myself am looking forward to the update, I can't wait to read the response that Bobbi Jo sends to us!
I am really thankful for all of you wonderful members of this site and the support that we have received from all of you, THANK YOU ALL! Shannon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">