• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

angry at system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catleu22

What is the name of your state? indiana:confused:
I had signed up for my husbands tax check because he is so behind in childsupport payments. I did this thru the child support agency , they are even having his work garenti( not sure if that is spelled right) his wages. but so far nothing has happened and I have received nothing.
the agency tells me to call a number in Indianapolis which is the main office, they say they cant tell me anything until it goes thru and then thats no garantee. He has other children from a previous relatiionship that he owes , also, but she has not pursued this and says she is not going to. the agency says this doesnt matter, AND its doesnt matter if I had the first born. my question is if she had been on welfare any time in the past, will the tax money go to the welfare department first? I really dont think this is fair, I am the one the pursued this and my son is then not getting anything again. and I cant afford a lawyer and really dont believe I should have to. what are the agencies there for then?
thank you and I would appreciate any advice.What is the name of your state?

nextwife

The first case wil always have priority until that child ages out or emancipates. It is NOT the other mom's call whether "she pusues" CS or not, if she has been getting welfare, the state has the right and responsibility to the TAXPAYERS to get paid back what she is collecting to support her kids and to utilize any collection abilities they have.

ceara19

catleu22 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana:confused:
I had signed up for my husbands tax check because he is so behind in childsupport payments. I did this thru the child support agency , they are even having his work garenti( not sure if that is spelled right) his wages. but so far nothing has happened and I have received nothing.
the agency tells me to call a number in Indianapolis which is the main office, they say they cant tell me anything until it goes thru and then thats no garantee. He has other children from a previous relatiionship that he owes , also, but she has not pursued this and says she is not going to. the agency says this doesnt matter, AND its doesnt matter if I had the first born. my question is if she had been on welfare any time in the past, will the tax money go to the welfare department first? I really dont think this is fair, I am the one the pursued this and my son is then not getting anything again. and I cant afford a lawyer and really dont believe I should have to. what are the agencies there for then?
thank you and I would appreciate any advice.What is the name of your state?
No it's not FAIR to you. But it's also not FAIR to the taxpayers that are supporting dad's other kid. So when state can either be unfair to ONE person (you) or unfair to MANY people (all of the taxpayers), guess who loses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">