• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AnnualCreditReport.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chryder

What is the name of your state? AZ

Can anyone confirm that AnnualCreditReport.com is a legit website, i.e. not phishing? They ask for a lot of personal info -- that is obviously necessary for them to get the right report -- but paranoia has set in for me with some recent indications of ID theft. So, I thought I'd ask, just for additional assurance.

Thanks.

chryderWhat is the name of your state?

K'Ta

chryder said:
What is the name of your state? AZ

Can anyone confirm that AnnualCreditReport.com is a legit website, i.e. not phishing? They ask for a lot of personal info -- that is obviously necessary for them to get the right report -- but paranoia has set in for me with some recent indications of ID theft. So, I thought I'd ask, just for additional assurance.

Thanks.

chryderWhat is the name of your state?
And what's wrong with going to the credit bureaus directly?

Ann1937

Annualcreditreport.com

Go to the Federal Trade Commission's site ftc.gov and at the top right search for annual credit report. It will take you to a page where it lists different places to go to on the FTC site for information. Click on "Want a free annual credit report. The only official website is annualcreditreport.com". You will find all the information you need. It gives other helpful warnings like some crooked sites have changed one letter in the address.

I read all I could find about this site before it even became available in the eastern part of the US. About a year ago I got all three of mine free. I should have ordered a different one every four months, that way the year would have been covered. Hope this helps.

chryder

Ann1937 said:
Go to the Federal Trade Commission's site ftc.gov and at the top right search for annual credit report. It will take you to a page where it lists different places to go to on the FTC site for information. Click on "Want a free annual credit report. The only official website is annualcreditreport.com". You will find all the information you need. It gives other helpful warnings like some crooked sites have changed one letter in the address.

I read all I could find about this site before it even became available in the eastern part of the US. About a year ago I got all three of mine free. I should have ordered a different one every four months, that way the year would have been covered. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Very helpful.

chryder

bdancer

AnnualCreditReport.com is the site to get your annual free credit reports from each of the bureaus. You don't have to sign up for a 30-day trial membership that you have to remember to cancel either.

If you've had identity theft problems and put alerts with the credit bureau, you may have to mail them copies of various documents before you will be able to get your report -- they have to make sure you are who you say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">