• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briannajoy

What is the name of your state? Washington

I wasn't sure what forum to post in, I looked at all of them and none really seemed to especially apply to the situation.

I met and shortly thereafter married a man in 1999. We had unprotected sexual relations during our whole relationship, which lasted until August 2000 (together around 18 months). I found out around February 2000 that he had AIDS, not HIV but AIDS. I am 99.9% sure that he knew about this BEFORE engaging in a relationship with me and exposing me to the virus. The doctor told us he had had it for a long time and it was AIDS, not HIV, in fact he almost died. He was very abusive to me, but that's another issue. The point is, he exposed me to AIDS knowingly by engaging in unprotected intercourse with me. For some reason unknown to me, I never got it (THANK GOD!!). I have been tested many times since then and all have come back negative. That is still besides the point though as the point is he exposed me to it knowingly.

Would I have any kind of a case?

I don't know much about law, that is one of the reasons I didn't pursue this earlier (though I'm not sure if I have a case or not)

Thank you :)

briannajoy

We are divorced, he is still alive, I didn't have a divorce attourney because I couldn't afford one, I had to do everything myself, and I haven't reported it to the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">