• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dakoto70

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am interested in terminating my sons fathers parental rights so I am checking into that. My next question would be If I do go ahead and start this process and say I have to run an ad in the newspaper or what ever, noone knows were he is and there is no paper trail on him. And he sees this ad and decides to fight it do you think LEGALLY after almost 12 years of no contact could he actually get some rights? Should I just let laying dogs lie and just ignore it and hope he stays gone for another 6 years and than if he does come into my sons life he would have his own choices to make? I am afraid that if I do start this process he may come around and I don't want that. So if I had some legal insight to what would happen if he came back I guess that would make my decision.

Thanks again for your help with this matter.

Karen

B

Boxcarbill

dakoto70 said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am interested in terminating my sons fathers parental rights so I am checking into that. My next question would be If I do go ahead and start this process and say I have to run an ad in the newspaper or what ever, noone knows were he is and there is no paper trail on him. And he sees this ad and decides to fight it do you think LEGALLY after almost 12 years of no contact could he actually get some rights? Should I just let laying dogs lie and just ignore it and hope he stays gone for another 6 years and than if he does come into my sons life he would have his own choices to make? I am afraid that if I do start this process he may come around and I don't want that. So if I had some legal insight to what would happen if he came back I guess that would make my decision.

Thanks again for your help with this matter.

Karen
I think that the odds of him fighting a termination or about the same as someone winning a jackpot lottery twice in a row and I think if even if he were to fight it, the odds of the court not granting the termination are so remote as to be not exist.

It is, of course, entirely up to you as to whether you file for termination. I can't help you with that decision because it is a matter of personal choice. At the end of the day, it is you that will have to live with the results of that decision.

dakoto70

Thank you

Thanks BCB. I am going to go for the termination I was just scared that if I did it could come back and bite me in the butt, you know bring him back out. This is the very reason I am going for the termination, so I don't have to worry about him trying to come back into the picture. He is gone and I want it to stay that way. It isn't like I didn't give him ample opportunity or plenty of years to decide to grow up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">