• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Answers desparately needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamiimaj

What is the name of your state?California

My amazing neighboor who works multiple jobs to support her three fantastic kids confided some things to me tonight and I want more than anything to help her. (She is un-documented and I have no clue what kind of rights she's entitled to.)There are two major issues:
1.Her estranged husband attacked and raped her about a year ago. She filed a report and was hospitalized but the guy was never picked up in spite of the fact that she provided his address and plate #.
2.The police provided her with child support papers, helped her fill them out and said they would file them. Over a year later, nothing.
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

evcalyptos

jamiimaj said:
What is the name of your state?California

My amazing neighboor who works multiple jobs to support her three fantastic kids confided some things to me tonight and I want more than anything to help her. (She is un-documented and I have no clue what kind of rights she's entitled to.)There are two major issues:
1.Her estranged husband attacked and raped her about a year ago. She filed a report and was hospitalized but the guy was never picked up in spite of the fact that she provided his address and plate #.
2.The police provided her with child support papers, helped her fill them out and said they would file them. Over a year later, nothing.
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Look up immigrant services in your city. Organizations like Catholic Charities offer low/no cost FAIR services to people like your neighbor.

She has some civil/human rights, obviously, but it's a legitimate concern that she is undocumented or out of status.

She needs face-to-face help, not internet help. You're a good friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">