• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any suggestions for Juvenile citation error?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaysar25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

Little brother arrested and ticketed for possession of drug paraphernalia. On his ticket there are 2 arresting officers name and employee number. On my dads ticket it has 1 officer. (It is one of the arresting officers).. With that said, I want to know if anyone has a suggestion on what to do about the error on their tickets.

Error: I think this is kinda funny, (keep in mind both tickets have this error ), but anyways, it says

DATE OF VIOLATION: 11/06/08 7:35pm

NOTICE TO APPEAR: 01/06/08 8:30am

See the notice to appear, its suppose to say 01/06/09. He has been to court and is in juvenile hall because of this. He probably can't get this case dropped because of the errors on both tickets. If possible, please let me know.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or jokes. I was thinking of telling the station. I think they would get teased for a while. Let me know of something funny I can do.

thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Frankly, the situation isn't funny. The only thing you can do is make sure your brother has a lawyer. That, and do nothing to harm his case.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

Little brother arrested and ticketed for possession of drug paraphernalia. On his ticket there are 2 arresting officers name and employee number. On my dads ticket it has 1 officer. (It is one of the arresting officers).. With that said, I want to know if anyone has a suggestion on what to do about the error on their tickets.

Error: I think this is kinda funny, (keep in mind both tickets have this error ), but anyways, it says

DATE OF VIOLATION: 11/06/08 7:35pm

NOTICE TO APPEAR: 01/06/08 8:30am

See the notice to appear, its suppose to say 01/06/09. He has been to court and is in juvenile hall because of this. He probably can't get this case dropped because of the errors on both tickets. If possible, please let me know.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or jokes. I was thinking of telling the station. I think they would get teased for a while. Let me know of something funny I can do.

thanks
(quoted - for posterity)

The "errors" have likely been fixed during the time that he's been in juvie.

CdwJava

Both dad and son have tickets? If the son is in custody for possession of drug paraphernalia, what is dad cited for?

- Carl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Both dad and son have tickets? If the son is in custody for possession of drug paraphernalia, what is dad cited for?

- Carl
And sister had/has Federal drug charges. It would seem apples really DON'T fall far from their trees! :eek:

jaysar25

I have posted for a friend before. Sorry about the confusion. Brother went to court yesterday and pleaded guilty because he thought he was going to get released. Is there anyway or forms to change his plea?

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">