• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment building sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gotalife

What is the name of your state? TN

I have been living in an apartment for almost three years. It is part of a large cluster of apts, which were all owned by the same family. The building that I live in does not have a pool, laundry room or weight room but we have always been able to use the ones at the adjacent building.

When I was apt hunting, a pool was at the TOP of my list of priorities. I have four kids and they're all fish!

WELL, I just found out (pretty much by accident) that our building was sold several weeks ago. At this point, no one has actually notified the tennants.

What do you suppose will happen with my rent? My lease is up at the end of July and I know other people pay about $50 more a month for the same apt.

On the one hand I can see them raising the rent, yet, on the other hand, we have now been denied (in theory...I will continue to use the pool until someone tells us we can't) the use of amenities that were previously available to us. This will cost me in terms of having to join a pool and drive back and forth...not to mention the whining I'm going to have to deal with.

Of course, I know that moving is always an option and since the lease is up that will not be a problem, but I really can't afford the expense of moving and besides, I really love our apt.

What do you suppose the LL is planning...any crystal balls out there?

ENASNI

Gotalife said:
Nope, My crystal Ball is still in the shop. But they will be sending you a notice with an update of the new owners address, contact information and etc. if they know your State's Landlord Tenant Law.

south

You are in luck click below for the answer to your question

http://www.coyleandsharpe.com/gallery/crystal_ball_LG.jpg

:rolleyes:

Gotalife said:

I have been living in an apartment for almost three years. It is part of a large cluster of apts, which were all owned by the same family. The building that I live in does not have a pool, laundry room or weight room but we have always been able to use the ones at the adjacent building.

When I was apt hunting, a pool was at the TOP of my list of priorities. I have four kids and they're all fish!

WELL, I just found out (pretty much by accident) that our building was sold several weeks ago. At this point, no one has actually notified the tennants.

What do you suppose will happen with my rent? My lease is up at the end of July and I know other people pay about $50 more a month for the same apt.

On the one hand I can see them raising the rent, yet, on the other hand, we have now been denied (in theory...I will continue to use the pool until someone tells us we can't) the use of amenities that were previously available to us. This will cost me in terms of having to join a pool and drive back and forth...not to mention the whining I'm going to have to deal with.

Of course, I know that moving is always an option and since the lease is up that will not be a problem, but I really can't afford the expense of moving and besides, I really love our apt.

ENASNI

Yeah

longneck said:
E... he doesn't have a crystal ball, and the OP's question didn't come in an envelope...
Well I would still trust Carnac over that stoner anyday, no offense to south.

ENASNI

sorry

You are asking a very open-ended question there. There is no way we can know what is in the mind of the new owners. We are just as much in the dark as you are. Sorry, tis the truth.

But thank you for letting us have a bit of fun!

Gotalife

Ya know, I really knew that when I asked, I just have so many things stressing me out right now it would be nice to cross one off the list.

I know I need to talk to the new LL but as far as some issues, (the pool) ignorance is bliss. I intend to keep using it until I'm told we can't.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">