• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment post separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlc614

What is the name of your state? NY

My husband and I haven been married for two years and I am considering legal separation. He has become what I consider "depressed" and I have been asking for a year for him or both of us to go to counseling and he will not. Our friends have noticed his behavior as well and have asked him to talk to someone (even them) but he tells them it is none of their buisness. He is always negative and has become down right rude to even our friends. I don't want to go this road but I cannot live with all the negativity and hie refusal to get help. I also don't want to subject my son to all the negativity and the way my husband speaks to people. (husband is not my sons father) Anyway I know that if we do seperate that I cannot kick him out of the apartment because we are both on the lease but our lease is coming up for renewal and I was wondering if I don't sign the new lease the send us in the mail can I still be held responsible for the apartment if he were to do anything to it? I ask because since his behavior has changed he likes to break things when he gets angry and I know he will be angry if I leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">