• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appliance Replacement / Repair Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairisfair

It’s only a piece of crap to a professional renter. To someone that it has performed well for over 25 years it was a very reliable asset.
uh, yeah okay. So, why then are you putting the new dishwashwer in your home?

Oh, oops**************...professional renter??????

I believe you said it was 25 years old, so I think it's near the end of it's life expectancy, but I would not be surprised if it outlived you. Unfortunately, The courts would probably side with the tenants as to its value. I would charge 50.00 bucks, raise my rent by 20 or 25 dollars, pull the one out of my home and install it in the tenants apartment. I would then buy a high end dishwasher for myself. :D
10 year old dishwasher... not 25 year. :D

The dishwasher in my home will never go in a rental, very high end along with everything else in my home. The current tenants are due to renew or give their 60 day notice... I'll send them a notice that rent will be going up from $2100 to $2200 for the next leasing term. Thanks Alaska. :)

fairisfair

so get your high end out there and start shopping for a new dishwasher.

$2200 a month for a property with 10 year old appliances. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh righhhhhhhht.

so get your high end out there and start shopping for a new dishwasher.

$2200 a month for a property with 10 year old appliances. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh righhhhhhhht.
Five bedroom house with a large backyard and a garage in downtown Annapolis... yeah, $2200 is easy. You obviously have no clue. Rent per person is only $420 at the current rate. :p Two houses up the street from this one were just renovated and are on the market for over a million dollars. Real estate value in Annapolis is through the roof.

Last edited:

fairisfair

Five bedroom house with a large backyard and a garage in downtown Annapolis... yeah, $2200 is easy. You obviously have no clue. Rent per person is only $420 at the current rate. :p Two houses up the street from this one were just renovated and are on the market for over a million dollars. Real estate value in Annapolis is through the roof.
hmmmmmm wouldn't you just think all those high class people in their high end houses would know enough to keep the beer caps and chicken bones out of their appliances. . . . .

LindaP777

The current tenants are due to renew or give their 60 day notice... I'll send them a notice that rent will be going up from $2100 to $2200 for the next leasing term. Thanks Alaska. :)
OMG! You get $2100 a month for rent and you won't shell out $400 for a new (yet, builder's grade) dishwasher? What kind of LL are you??? It's a tax deduction, for crying out loud!

Last edited:
OMG! You get $2100 a month for rent and you won't shell out $400 for a new (yet, builder's grade) dishwasher? What kind of LL are you??? It's a tax deduction, for crying out loud!
It's in their lease to pay for any repair or replacement if any of the appliances are damaged or distroyed while they occupy the property, they aggreed to it, initialed the section and signed the lease... case closed. ;)

Builder's grade dishwasher??? $400.00 is not builder's grade. I can show you some builder's grade around $175 - $180.00.

Oh and I'm a very good LL. I expect the tenants to take care of and not abuse our property while they are living there. If they abuse anything in the property, they will have to pay the piper. And yes, I'll write it off. :)

BL

It's in their lease to pay for any repair or replacement if any of the appliances are damaged or distroyed while they occupy the property, they aggreed to it, initialed the section and signed the lease... case closed. ;)

Builder's grade dishwasher??? $400.00 is not builder's grade. I can show you some builder's grade around $175 - $180.00.

Oh and I'm a very good LL. I expect the tenants to take care of and not abuse our property while they are living there. If they abuse anything in the property, they will have to pay the piper. And yes, I'll write it off. :)
If you were try to charge a tenant for an appliance , and if you were successful , you would be awarded only a depreciated value . It does not matter what your lease states . 10,15,20,25 yr. old appliance , and your leases state the tenant is responsible for replacement cost . I do not see a Court awarding full replacement cost .

As for you drivel of what the rental includes , it has no legal bearing .

Who's Liable?

I LOVE LLs like you... They think that just because it's in a lease, and the tenant signed, its is gospel and thus completely unbreakable...

I always end up getting everything back for the tenants, plus some... Keep it up, LLs like you give me job security!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">