• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

You don't want to go through arbitration for this. Disclosure: I am a FINRA arbitrator. I would be the type of person who ends up on a panel to decide these things. Arbitration isn't a good place to go pro se on anything and it isn't speedy. I've got hearings just coming up for cases that were started on an "expedited" basis back two years ago.

You're going to come out ahead by escalating your problem a reasonably high point (this may take written letters) and showing whatever it is that they want to prove that you're not attempting fraud.

PayrollHRGuy

This really doesn't seem to have anything to do with the OP's situation. The OP deposited a check, the check cleared, and now Fidelity has frozen her account due to fraud concerns.
If the funds are deposited into an FDIC account they have to follow FDIC rules.

FlyingRon

Brokerage accounts are not usually covered by FDIC. SIPC would be the general organization that would apply to cash held by the broker.

PayrollHRGuy

Brokerage accounts are not usually covered by FDIC. SIPC would be the general organization that would apply to cash held by the broker.
It is, according to Fidelity.

https://www.fidelity.com/go/join-fidelity-investments?imm_pid=700000001008875&immid=100742&imm_eid=ep6543813693&gclid=CjwKCAiAl-6PBhBCEiwAc2GOVG4kcb7rjqKFjYp3SjVVNxpNZUHu9Z-Rx-d5aHq9Zr3aR_cxmM3KVxoCmPYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The Cash Balance in the Fidelity Cash Management Account is swept to an FDIC-insured account at one or more Program Banks where it earns a variable rate of interest. The deposit at the Program Bank is not covered by SIPC.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
HOWEVER, the funds were placed on hold. They haven't yet moved to an FDIC-insured account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">