• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Excel915

No. The check was signed by me. And no I haven't had a chance to go in person. I really don't believe it will make much of a difference. O rescheduled another appointment with the IRS. I'll try to go there before the appointment. I'm trying to see where I'm at if those last two resorts fail.

PayrollHRGuy

No. The check was signed by me. And no I haven't had a chance to go in person. I really don't believe it will make much of a difference. O rescheduled another appointment with the IRS. I'll try to go there before the appointment. I'm trying to see where I'm at if those last two resorts fail.
I don't think it matters that you signed it. It seems no different than if you tried to cash the check anywhere and they refused. Take it to your other bank IN PERSON. A lot less hassle.

Excel915

The check has been cleared and posted since the beginning of January. Isn't that fraud if I try to cash it somewhere else or try to deposit it into another account? They had me write on the back of the check for my Fidelity account

Excel915

Your Fidelity account has been frozen you say. But has the deposit been credited to it? If not, deposit the check, in person, to your other bank account and tell Fidelity to ignore the deposit.
The deposit has been credited. They literally didn't even give me a chance to tell them to reverse the deposit. It's been cleared.

quincy

The check has been cleared and posted since the beginning of January. Isn't that fraud if I try to cash it somewhere else or try to deposit it into another account? They had me write on the back of the check for my Fidelity account
If the check cleared and was posted to your account, do NOT deposit the check you have elsewhere.

Can you think of any other reason why your brokerage account would be frozen?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the check cleared and was posted to your account, do NOT deposit the check you have elsewhere.

Can you think of any other reason why your brokerage account would be frozen?
Agreed - it wasn't made clear earlier that the funds had actually posted to the account.

The OP should work their way up the chain at Fidelity.

quincy

Agreed - it wasn't made clear earlier that the funds had actually posted to the account.

The OP should work their way up the chain at Fidelity.
I agree. And I think an in-person visit could be more productive than phone calls.

Zigner

What am I looking at when it comes to arbitration?
You will need to review your account agreement with Fidelity...but I think you're jumping the gun on this. There are other cheaper and faster options for you to pursue...like...oh I don't know...working your way up the chain at Fidelity, maybe even in person.

Excel915

Working up the chain meaning getting a letter from the higher chains letting me know they won't unfreeze my account without the letter or the IRS recall.

Zigner

I'm trying everything but to go to jail with the IRS for fraud in order for them to unfreeze my account.
Work your way up the chain. Starting writing actual letters, return receipt requested, to the higher-ups. Be very persistent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">