• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstang7

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

So I've been working at my job for about two years now and was just handed this form to sign. It basically is stating if signed, the company can *** me over and I can do nothing about it outside of going through the channels they've set up. I am not sure if I should sign it or no, the last paragraph states "by signing or refusing to sign this agreement, I make no representation or demonstration of support or rejection of concerted activity. I have no idea what that means lol I was wondering if someone can break that down into a more digestible sentence a pleb like me would be able to understand. Does it mean i can refuse to sign this? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Define what is in the form a little more clearly than, "the company can **** me over".

Last edited:

zddoodah

It basically is stating if signed, the company can *** me over and I can do nothing about it outside of going through the channels they've set up.
Rather than give this ridiculous and useless characterization, why not tell us what it actually says?

the last paragraph states "by signing or refusing to sign this agreement, I make no representation or demonstration of support or rejection of concerted activity. I have no idea what that means lol
Ermagerd lol as if whatever. Sigh....

I was wondering if someone can break that down into a more digestible sentence a pleb like me would be able to understand.
No one here can intelligently interpret a document we haven't seen.

Does it mean i can refuse to sign this?
You unquestionably have the ability to refuse to sign. Whether refusal will carry any negative consequences is utterly impossible for anyone here to know.

Mstang7

Define what is in the form a little more clearly than, "the company can *** me over".
I was trying to add the document but I couldn’t find where to post a photo of it I only see options to attach links which it is not

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was trying to add the document but I couldn’t find where to post a photo of it I only see options to attach links which it is not
If you don't understand the document or its implications, then I suggest that you seek the advice of a local attorney.

Mstang7

Rather than give this ridiculous and useless characterization, why not tell us what it actually says?
This is a useless response

Ermagerd lol as if whatever. Sigh....
What does this mean

No one here can intelligently interpret a document we haven't seen.
Ermagerd

You unquestionably have the ability to refuse to sign. Whether refusal will carry any negative consequences is utterly impossible for anyone here to know.

Yeah kinda what I’m asking bozo jusy say you don’t know and keep the sixth grade wit to your Xbox clan

Zigner

Yeah that’s kinda why I’m here
Then you may misunderstand the purpose of this forum. While there are a few attorneys who reply, the majority are educated laypersons. Even the attorneys who post cannot give you specific legal advice about a contract you are contemplating entering into.

Mstang7

Then you may misunderstand the purpose of this forum. While there are a few attorneys who reply, the majority are educated laypersons. Even the attorneys who post cannot give you specific legal advice about a contract you are contemplating entering into.
If that is the case I don’t think I misunderstood, I think this site is misrepresenting itself. The description under this website specifically states “have a legal question you need answered? Discuss your legal question in one of our many legal forums” pretty much what i did. Didn’t realize a bunch of angsty teenagers were going to get so emotional about it.

Zigner

No, you misunderstood. Go pay someone to listen to your attitude. Also, you may wish to make an effort to actually read the information that is given at the bottom of EVERY page in these forums:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
FreeAdvice.com has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding information and "advice" free since 1995 with thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed articles, questions and answers in more than 100 categories in the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS AND OTHER FORUM PAGES WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM and are provided AS IS. The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum is never a substitute for personal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney, click here.

Mstang7

No, you misunderstood. Go pay someone to listen to your attitude. Also, you may wish to make an effort to actually read the information that is given at the bottom of EVERY page in these forums:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
FreeAdvice.com has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding information and "advice" free since 1995 with thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed articles, questions and answers in more than 100 categories in the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS AND OTHER FORUM PAGES WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM and are provided AS IS. The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer and our Terms and Conditions of use which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum is never a substitute for personal advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney, click here.
No there baby boy YOU are misinformed. that isnt what the description on google says, I did what the website advertised on google, as previously stated. If that gets your sensitive self all worked up that’s on you softie. If you have to send me terms and conditions that don’t equate to what the DESCRIPTION OF THE SITE ON GOOGLE IS, that by definition is misleading. Change the description or stop being a winy little girl when someone asks a question. Or just move on. Doesn’t the title say FREE bozo

Zigner

No there baby boy YOU are misinformed. that isnt what the description on google says, I did what the website advertised on google, as previously stated. If that gets your sensitive self all worked up that’s on you softie. If you have to send me terms and conditions that don’t equate to what the DESCRIPTION OF THE SITE ON GOOGLE IS, that by definition is misleading. Change the description or stop being a winy little girl when someone asks a question. Or just move on. Doesn’t the title say FREE bozo
I'm sorry that this forum has not met your expectations. Best of luck to you.

zddoodah

The description under this website specifically states “have a legal question you need answered? Discuss your legal question in one of our many legal forums” pretty much what i did. Didn’t realize a bunch of angsty teenagers were going to get so emotional about it.
No one is being an "angsty teenager." You're the one who randomly threw "lol" in the middle of a sentence for no apparent reason and provided nothing more than an inane characterization of the document. In any event, your question is unanswerable unless you provide relevant information. You apparently lack the intelligence or ability to do that, so move on to some other forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">