• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are my friends screwed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobdolez

Please. They didn't have a good enough relationship with mom to have discussed all this beforehand and didn't do anything to protect mom regarding this fellow in mom's life. Now that it is their ox which is being gored, they claim undue influence and lack of capacity.

Super.

Get an attorney as this fight is going to cost a lot.
They actually did talk to her about it before and she told them it was all fine and taken care of. whether this was before or after july 2010 I dont know.

Its not like they are money grubbing good for nothings, they would have willingly gave him a percentage, but giving him POA plus everything after all they have done for her? ouch.

If she did it on purpose karma is a B I guess, and id be ashamed to call her my mom if I was them, what good mother in her right mind willingly throws her kids out on the street like that.

and yea its none of my business but ive known them for so long they are like my second family but I guess all they can do is see what the attorney says. Thanks anyway.

Bobdolez

Who gets the remaining 66.5% of the company?
one man who is like the next head of the company and worked for her for 20 years gets the biggest %, no quarrels there.

her boyfriend gets 19%

another lady whos her good friend and also been there for 20 years gets 14 %

couple other people that work there get small percentages.

its almost irrelavent though, nobody can do her job (she was supposed to teach it this week go figure) and she got them into trouble with the IRS so the company may just get shut down or ate by the IRS, meaning they get NOTHING.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They actually did talk to her about it before and she told them it was all fine and taken care of. whether this was before or after july 2010 I dont know.

Its not like they are money grubbing good for nothings, they would have willingly gave him a percentage, but giving him POA plus everything after all they have done for her? ouch.

If she did it on purpose karma is a B I guess, and id be ashamed to call her my mom if I was them, what good mother in her right mind willingly throws her kids out on the street like that.

and yea its none of my business but ive known them for so long they are like my second family but I guess all they can do is see what the attorney says. Thanks anyway.
The POA means NOTHING.

She provided for them by giving a portion of HER business to them.

You really know how to make your friends seem like ungrateful leeches.

Zigner

one man who is like the next head of the company and worked for her for 20 years gets the biggest %, no quarrels there.

her boyfriend gets 19%

another lady whos her good friend and also been there for 20 years gets 14 %

couple other people that work there get small percentages.

its almost irrelavent though, nobody can do her job (she was supposed to teach it this week go figure) and she got them into trouble with the IRS so the company may just get shut down or ate by the IRS, meaning they get NOTHING.
So, 14.5% of nothing, or 33.5% of nothing...they're both still NOTHING.

Bobdolez

So, 14.5% of nothing, or 33.5% of nothing...they're both still NOTHING.
So then she may have left them (and about 20 others) with nothing except unemployment, and we all know how wonderful it is to find a job in michigan (or anywhere) right now.

I may make them sound like that but I can assure you they arent. Wouldnt you feel cheated? if you say you wouldnt then your a liar.

Karma will come around, one way or another.

Banned_Princess

So then she may have left them (and about 20 others) with nothing except unemployment, and we all know how wonderful it is to find a job in michigan (or anywhere) right now.

I may make them sound like that but I can assure you they arent. Wouldnt you feel cheated? if you say you wouldnt then your a liar.

yea, maybe her ghost will come around to direct them to the hidden treasure she forgot to give away in her will. :rolleyes:

Zigner

Are you not getting it? You are complaining that she left a smaller portion of the business to the kids than they "should" have gotten. However, if the business is truly worth NOTHING, then it doesn't matter how large a portion she left.

Bobdolez

Are you not getting it? You are complaining that she left a smaller portion of the business to the kids than they "should" have gotten. However, if the business is truly worth NOTHING, then it doesn't matter how large a portion she left.
are you not getting that the company isnt everything? he is also beneficiary to whatever insurance she may have, could be $0, could be $3 million. not to mention things like cars and all that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">