• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are online s-corp kits a scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelpSCorp

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was looking specifically at this kit sold online to assist in setting up your s-corp::
http://www.fasteasyincorporationkits.com/IllinoisCorporationKit.htm

It says it will go step by step to s-corp my business so I don't have to pay the $500 lawyer fees. Is it worth it? are these kits a joke ? Do they skip over things? Would I be better off just coughing up the chunk of change and seeing the lawyer?

Thanks for your input. I need to get setting this up in the next week or so, so I was curious how hard it would be to do it myself vs paying a lawyer. I received the kit fro the state corporations division but it only has the articles of incorporation and mentions i need to contact all these other agencies to avoid penalties. It doesn't list them all it says however lol.

Last edited:

CraigFL

I personally don't consider these kits a scam. I define scam as paying for something you don't receive. You will get what you paid for here but you will be able to find someone, somewhere that will sell it to you at less cost. Also, if you research the rules and become knowledgeable about the laws, you would be able to spend considerably less money and do it yourself. At the ends of the spectrum are the expensive lawyer and the do-it-youself project-- it just depends how much you want to pay and how much you want to be involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">