• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest with warrant, misdemeanor A, lead to search warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This is where I feel why the prosecutor wouldn't file the charges. See when they knocked on door and I went out side , I locked the door, when they told me who they were and closed it behind me. they where telling me to stop, told them I wasn't doing anything, ( b.c. all I did was reach behind my self and locked door) . then when to was closed, they keep asking me why I locked door, told them I looked my door every time I leave , just as they do. At that time , I was put in hand cuffs.
I was in hand cuffs for about 45 to 50 min.'s in the front of my house , while they went around looking in the windows of my home ,cars, running the plats and vin mun.s on my cars telling me, If I wanted to play like that so can they, ( because I wouldn't let them look inside my home.)
I even told them , I never consented to them looking around my home and I felt my rights were being broken. That from my understanding I should be taken straight to the police dep. after arrested. that I felt I was being Harassed and threatened. Because they give me such a hard time about wanting to go into my home, telling me I can leave my keys with them or he use his own key, pointed at battery ram.
I said, use your keys, make sure it legal.
If I was arrested for harassment in cuffs in front of house , what right did they have going looking around my home? they wasn't looking for any evidence related with the crime I was getting arrested for.
Just because you feel your rights have been violated, it doesn't mean that they were. The officers were operating within the scope of the law.

RRATM

There was a reason all charges were dropped

There was a reason all charges were dropped and I didn't have to go to court one time?I just got a letter in mail. and they just dont drop charges like what I had!

RRATM

New news,'the address is wrong adderss on warrant''

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ar.

If the police show up at my home with warrant, I go out side and they detain me in the front of my home, for harassment. I know my rights and I wouldn't let them in side my home B.C. they wanted to make sure I didn't have someone tied u p in side> I told them ,"save it, Your not going into my home and have no legal right to get a warrant to go into my home." They gave me hard time B.C. when I was in door way and they told me who they were, I reached behind my self and locked my door closed it. They gave me a lot of **** over that. Police telling me I can leave my keys and save my door or he has his own keys and pointed at his battery ram. I told him, If u use your ram, better be legal, with a warrant. after I was in cuffs, they started running all my tags, vin, num.s on my cars, telling me that If I wasn't to play hard, that can to. I said,''That I should be taken straight to jail, that had no right to harass me and I didn't consent for them to look around my home . Is it legal for them to go around my home look in my windows ,when I didn't consent, I told them ,"they had no right to go looking around my home,i look in my windows. When on my land!
While I was taken to jail, I wasn't able to use the phone after book in for 5 hr. they put hold on me , take it off, put it back on.
They somehow saw a gun in my home , in the back window, used that to get search warrant, B.C> I'm A felon.
I stayed to 3 night in jail, said I was charged with 4 class y's and 3 class C's. I got a lawyer $3,000 , he got my bond from $115,000 to $50, and I spent $5,000 to bond out.
Ok, this is the deal, They busted my dad's shop door in and had no warrant, took all his guns. tried to charge me, I didn;t say anything besides, that they had messed up, that wasn't my land or my guns.
Lawyer got guns back and I had to pay for door.
The letter I got from the prosecuting Att. office said,"" there is no criminal charges in this case and my dad could come get guns".
I never went to court one time and they just dont drop charges like this.. I asked for my money back, they said no, asked bonds man, said no.

Well, I'm out $9,000.00, 3 nights in jail, then for them to tell me that , I'm not charged , As they did before.
If they were to see something in a window in the back of my home and get a search warrant . Is that legal?

I held off one year to get affidavit b/c they threatened me, If I was to take action , like I said, they refile charges. When I got it the other day,""they lied big time on it."' said, When I was at door, I ran from them , put something in side, looked door closed it. Thats B>S>
I 'm going to do something about the $9,000.00 But what? Thanks
oN WARRANT , THEY HAVE THE WRONG ADDRESS**' IS THIS WHY IT WAS DROPPED? WHAT CAN i DO?

seniorjudge

Here are some hints on appearing in court:

Dress professionally in clean clothes.

Do not wear message shirts.

Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat. (Smokers...pot or tobacco...literally stink. Remember that before you head for court.)

Bathe and wash your hair.

Do not bring small children or your friends.

Go to court beforehand some day before you actually have to go to watch how things go.

Speak politely and deferentially. If you argue or dispute something, do it professionally and without emotion.

Ask the court clerk who you talk to about a diversion (meaning you want to plead to a different, lesser charge), if applicable in your situation. Ask about traffic school and that the ticket not go on your record, if applicable. Ask also about getting a hardship driving permit, if applicable. Ask about drug court, if applicable.

From marbol:

“Judge...

You forgot the one thing that I've seen that seems to frizz up most judges these days:

If you have a cell phone, make DAMN SURE that it doesn't make ANY noise in the courtroom. This means when you are talking to the judge AND when you are simply sitting in the court room.

If you have a ‘vibrate’ position on your cell phone, MAKE sure the judge DOESN'T EVEN HEAR IT VIBRATE! [SJ’s edit: Turn the damn thing off. Period. End of story. Even if. Better yet, leave it in your car.]

Turn it off or put it in silent mode where it flashes a LED if it rings. AND DON'T even DREAM about answering it if it rings.”

(Better yet, don’t carry your cell phone into the courtroom.)”

Here are five stories that criminal court judges hear the most (and I suggest you do not use them or variations of them):

1. I’ve been saved! (This is not religion specific; folks from all kinds of religious backgrounds use this one.)

2. My girlfriend/mother/sister/daughter/wife/ex-wife/niece/grandma/grand-daughter is pregnant/sick/dying/dead/crippled/crazy and needs my help.

3. I’ve got a job/military posting in [name a place five hundred miles away].

4. This is the first time I ever did this. (This conflicts with number 5 below, but that hasn’t stopped some defendants from using both.)

5. You’ve got the wrong guy. (A variation of this one is the phantom defendant story: “It wasn’t me driving, it was a hitchhiker I picked up. He wrecked the car, drug me behind the wheel then took off.” Or, another variation: “I was forced into it by a bad guy!”)
Hints for court appearances

Public defender’s advice
best of craigslist : Some Advice From Your Public Defender

RRATM

I said that in post #2, and he didn't like it then, either.
I'm not sure about that, when they came to my home arrested me in the front of my house, at that time, the warrant served its purpose, its when I wouldn't let them look inside my home , when they went around looking in my windows. only right they had was to search in my surrounding area for evidence related to the crime I was arrested for., that was harassment.
Now , I find out address on warrant was wrong

seniorjudge

I'm not sure about that, when they came to my home arrested me in the front of my house, at that time, the warrant served its purpose, its when I wouldn't let them look inside my home , when they went around looking in my windows. only right they had was to search in my surrounding area for evidence related to the crime I was arrested for., that was harassment.
Now , I find out address on warrant was wrong
Bring us up to speed here.

The warrant was defective so the charges were dropped.

Is that correct?

RRATM

Bring us up to speed here.

The warrant was defective so the charges were dropped.

Is that correct?
Honestly, I'm not real sure where they messed up it, but the search warrant has the wrong address on it.
But This is what I think, I'm not a lawyer.
I feel that after I was arrested in the front of my home, the warrant they had served its purpose , I feel like when I wouldn.t let them in side my home is when my rights were broke.
If the police are on my land and look in my window, that's considered a search, When I wouldn't let them inside my home , they went around looking in my windows of my home and in back of my home they saw a gun , I'm a felon.
They used that and lied on affidavit to get a search warrant. They said I came to the door, came out side and when they told me who they were, I ran from them, out of there sight, back inside put something in my house , locked my door and came back out side. I never left the door way, when they told me who they were, I reached around and locked door closed it.

ERAUPIKE

Honestly, I'm not real sure where they messed up it, but the search warrant has the wrong address on it.
But This is what I think, I'm not a lawyer.
I feel that after I was arrested in the front of my home, the warrant they had served its purpose , I feel like when I wouldn.t let them in side my home is when my rights were broke.
If the police are on my land and look in my window, that's considered a search, When I wouldn't let them inside my home , they went around looking in my windows of my home and in back of my home they saw a gun , I'm a felon.
They used that and lied on affidavit to get a search warrant. They said I came to the door, came out side and when they told me who they were, I ran from them, out of there sight, back inside put something in my house , locked my door and came back out side. I never left the door way, when they told me who they were, I reached around and locked door closed it.
No matter how many times you say the same thing, it will not change the outcome. No matter how many different threads you post this same argument, your answers will remain the same. The police had the right to search the immediate area and by looking through your window saw a firearm. This makes you guilty of being a felon in possession of a firearm. The rules for arrests with warrant for your state allow for a short detention during the process of verifying your identification and during that time the officers inspected your property to ensure it was secure. You were then found to be in violation of yet another law and charged with yet another crime as a result.

RRATM

No matter how many times you say the same thing, it will not change the outcome. No matter how many different threads you post this same argument, your answers will remain the same. The police had the right to search the immediate area and by looking through your window saw a firearm. This makes you guilty of being a felon in possession of a firearm. The rules for arrests with warrant for your state allow for a short detention during the process of verifying your identification and during that time the officers inspected your property to ensure it was secure. You were then found to be in violation of yet another law and charged with yet another crime as a result.
I have two threads, one trying to find out how to get money I.m out of and this one.
LOOK, THERE IS A BIG REASON THE PROSUCTING ATT. WOULDNT FILE THE CHARGES, i HAD FOUND OUT WARRANT DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT ADDRESS ON IT.
AND THE SOURANDING AREA ISN'T THE BACK OF MY HOME , THATS 30 FEET, YOU TURN WALK 50 FEET TURN, WALK 30 MORE FEET , TO THE WINDOW THEY LOOKED IN. A 110 FEET AWAY! AND IT DOEN'T TAKE 45 MIN.S TO LOOK AT MY ID.,
i'M NOT A LAWYER, BUT WHEN THE POLICE ARE ON MY LAND LOOK IN MY WINDOW, THATS CONSIDERED A SEARCH.
AND WHEN THEY LEFT MY HOME, THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN, DIDN;T EVEN CLOSE IT,
AND IN ALL i HAD 7 CHARGES , THAT i NEVER WAS CHARGED FOR.
tHIS ISN'T LOOKING SO GOOD, ITS GOING TO SUCK BEING OUT $8,000, OR GAMBLE SPEND ?FEW THOUSAND NORE TO GET THE $8,000 i'M OUT

ERAUPIKE

I have two threads, one trying to find out how to get money I.m out of and this one.
LOOK, THERE IS A BIG REASON THE PROSUCTING ATT. WOULDNT FILE THE CHARGES, i HAD FOUND OUT WARRANT DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT ADDRESS ON IT.
AND THE SOURANDING AREA ISN'T THE BACK OF MY HOME , THATS 30 FEET, YOU TURN WALK 50 FEET TURN, WALK 30 MORE FEET , TO THE WINDOW THEY LOOKED IN. A 110 FEET AWAY! AND IT DOEN'T TAKE 45 MIN.S TO LOOK AT MY ID.,
i'M NOT A LAWYER, BUT WHEN THE POLICE ARE ON MY LAND LOOK IN MY WINDOW, THATS CONSIDERED A SEARCH.
AND WHEN THEY LEFT MY HOME, THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN, DIDN;T EVEN CLOSE IT,
AND IN ALL i HAD 7 CHARGES , THAT i NEVER WAS CHARGED FOR.
tHIS ISN'T LOOKING SO GOOD, ITS GOING TO SUCK BEING OUT $8,000, OR GAMBLE SPEND ?FEW THOUSAND NORE TO GET THE $8,000 i'M OUT
You will never receive the $8000 dollars back. Both time you spent the the money it was voluntarily. The first time for bail, which is not mandatory. The second time for a private attorney, which is also not required. The quicker you get that through your head the quicker you can go learn to type without the caps lock. The answer has not, will not, and can not ever be anything other than that. Got it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">